10.29.2011

Day 160

Yesterday. I survived.  It was a success.


I got up early to study some more for life contingencies.  My brain still felt full from studying so much Thursday night.  But at least I hadn't forgotten anything.  I was finally able to get the general process for finding variance for any annuity or insurance, which turned out to be incredibly beneficial.


During finance...all I could think about was the upcoming exam.  I tried to pay attention, but it was just so hard.  After class Tim, Dustin, Jacob, and I went to the Atrium to study some more.  I got some coffee, which also was incredibly helpful because it made my head not all foggy anymore from being tired and all that silliness.  We ended up not really studying too much.  Mainly we just joked about impossible problems he could ask.  Then... it was time for the big exam!


I honestly felt like it went really well.  The only question on variance/standard deviation that he asked was not one of the equation that was in the book, we had to use a general knowledge of how variance works.  So I'm really glad that I was able to finally understand it.  The test overall I thought was pretty straight forward.  He didn't ask any tricky questions.  I actually finished in about 30 minutes, which I was not expecting to do, so I was able to go back through and rework some of the problems.  I'm really glad I did because I had calculated one of them incorrectly.  Mr. Dean is generous with partial credit, especially when it's just a computation error.  But I'd still rather get all the points on a question instead of just most of them.  So I felt pretty good after the test was over.  I gave Dustin a ride back to his apartment so he and I were able to discuss it.  We both felt good about it.


After I got back I cleaned up a little, played some Team Fortress, ate lunch, and just was lazy for a little bit.  Then later in the afternoon I started making my exam for Tuesday.


After all that I hung out with Kathryn for a while.  All of our other friends were out of town or unavailable yesterday and she was feeling pretty homesick.  She's from New York and hasn't gotten to see her family since school started.  And being homesick and alone is miserable.  So we hung out and it was fun.  We got made a cake!  Then after she went home I drove around downtown for a little bit to see if any of the places down there had any ridiculous Halloween decorations.  But they didn't.  So that about concluded my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment