10.20.2011

Day 151

Alright, back to school today. Ew.


I got up this morning around 7:15.  Then laid in bed for another 10 minutes trying to decide if I really needed to get up yet.  I did.  I slept remarkably well last night, considering how terrible the couch on which I slept was.  Oh, Mount Vernon couches.  I talked with Keith for a few minutes, then headed back to Muncie!  It was a fairly uneventful trip, aside from the constant rain and slowed traffic around Columbus.  I guess going around Columbus at 9am wasn't the best idea... but I made it.


When I got into Muncie I stopped at Aldi to get some groceries for the rest of the week.  Then I went back to my apartment.  I didn't show in Mount Vernon, so after I brought all my stuff in I took a nice hot shower.  Then I had some lunch.  Since I wasn't buying food for the full week I didn't think I'd use a week's worth of produce.  So I just bought sandwich stuff.  I haven't done that in a long time.  But it was good.


After lunch Timbo came over and we went through some stats.  He was able to explain some concepts to me, so that was really helpful.  We had a quiz today at 4.  That actually went pretty well, I think.  I was really scared at first because it was 5 questions and each one built off the previous question.  And when I was handed the quiz... I had no idea how to do the first question.  I was terrified.  It used the gamma function and we haven't even mentioned that yet in class.  And won't for a few more weeks.  Apparently I was just supposed to know that the gamma function represented a constant... which I guess maybe I could have known... but we never talked about it in class.  When we discussed the quiz after we handed it in she made it seem as though we just should have known it.  The rest of the quiz went well.  I think she just forgets the sort of things we do and do not know.  Like on one of the questions we were supposed to know some equality related to integration and the gamma function (which we still have not talked about).  So when someone asked what we were supposed to do, she said not to worry about it, as long as she saw how we set it up.  Until the same person mentioned that we needed an answer to solve another problem.  So she just wrote some equality on the board... as if everyone should just know it!  She wasn't upset that we didn't know it, I just guess it hadn't occurred to her that we didn't know this equality.  But otherwise the quiz was fine.


After class I went to the Lincoln financial group presentation with Dustin, Kathryn, and Jacob.  I have an interview with them in the morning so I figured that I should go.  We got there and the first speaker informed us that it would probably be pretty boring.  So... that was good.


When I was done there I went to go help Jordan and Erica with the finance assignment.  Then I came back, watched some TV with Andre and Kathryn (who was doing her laundry here, since her apartment complex charges to do laundry), and now I'm going to bed!  Good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment