10.08.2011

Day 140

So I woke up a little early this morning. For a Saturday, anyways.  I guess 8:30 isn't really that early.  But yeah.  I woke up.  And I ate breakfast.  I spent a while balancing my checking account, then figuring out how to spend/save my paycheck.  That all took a majority of my morning because I'm realizing that I can't just accept the fact that I get paid the same amount every two weeks and can just use the same way of allotting that money every week.  For some reason I feel the need to recalculate all of my spending and saving every paycheck.  Even though I usually figured it almost the exact same way every time.  I'm silly like that.  I also made myself a really big omlette for breakfast.  It was ok.  I didn't have any cheese to put in it and the only meat I had was leftover meatballs.  Pro-tip: meatballs don't really taste that good in eggs.  I also think I put too much Italian seasoning in my meatballs.  Or something.  They're a bit too potent.  I also think that I need to change up my meats from just chicken and ground turkey.  I believe that those are the only meats I have bought since moving here... and I don't have much I can do with the ground turkey.  Something needs to change, that's for certain.


The rest of the day just kind of went.  Some of my friends and I went to the BSU football game since it was the homecoming game.  We left near the end of the third quarter and BSU was losing 28 - 0.... yuck.  I don't know much about football... but they played horribly.  Unless the idea of the game is to drop most of your passes and never get a first down.  In which case BSU was winning more than any team in history.


I had a really hard time getting motivated today.  I got some non-school related stuff done.  Like... I did some laundry.  And I thought about straightening my room.  And I thought about cleaning my bathroom.  And I had soup for dinner.  I don't think I'll be getting that kind again.  It wasn't very good.  It was some sort of sirloin burger stew or something.  Meh.  Not a big fan.


I did end up getting some of my stats homework done.  That class is really frustrating for me because I've never learned well from math books and I class can be hard to follow.  So most of the time I feel like I'm flying blind when I do the homework.  On the plus side, since I've been spending so much time on life contingencies recently I feel pretty good about it.  I'm going to finish the last problem tomorrow.  It shouldn't be too bad.  I also talked with Tim about one of the problems.  He gave me a really good tip that will be really helpful in the future.  We're finding that very often integrals with a term of x*e^(a*x), which involves the use of integration by parts to solve.  Though it's fairly straight forward, it takes time that I won't have on the actuarial exams.  So I'm going to work on memorizing the general form of the equation so that I don't have to use integration by parts every time.  That should make things easier.


Yeah.  Umm... I'm going to go to bed now.  I remember earlier that I had something I wanted to right about... but I can't remember it now.  Except that there's a concert for Wolfgang Gartner in Chicago that Derrick and I want to go to at the end of the month.  But I need to see if that's doable.  But for now, I'm going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment