10.10.2011

Day 141

Woo Sunday!


I woke up before my alarm went off.  I'm really not a big fan of this.  It's just silly if you ask me.  But either way I woke up, had a shower, ate some breakfast, then went grocery shopping.  I didn't need much so I was hoping to make it under $20, but it didn't quite happen.  Mostly because I had to buy a razor.  I was going to just get new cartridges for the razor I have, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money anymore.  So I got a new razor which was way cheaper than getting new cartridges.  I'm looking into getting a safety razor, but don't have the money at the moment.  I'm trying to save some extra money so I can buy the extra gas to go to Mount Vernon on Friday so I can drive up with Kimmy.  So that's my plan and it's going decently so far.


After grocery shopping I came back, did some life contingencies.  Then I went to church with Jessie and Richard.  The pastor talked about sin and how destructive it is.  And how important it is to recognize that only Jesus can fix all the things.  It was pretty good.  I'm not sure what triggered it, but at some point I started thinking about a conversation he and I had the other day.  He grew up Catholic and he was telling me that their teachings, people from Protestant denominations weren't going to heaven.  And I told him that it was peculiar because in Protestant churches they are taught the exact opposite.


After church we went to Pita Pit for lunch.  It was very tasty.  Basically Subway on a pita.  Very tasty.  Then we went back to Jessie's apartment for apple pie!  So there was even more tasty.


Eventually I had to do work, so I came back and worked some more on life contingencies.  I called a few different people about it and verified answers.  Then I did some grading for a while.  I'm going to try to get the extra credit papers back this week.  We'll see!


I think that I need to start taking more dedicated time off.  I'm finding that I just start zoning out throughout the weekend and am probably less productive than if I would just take some time off.  Or maybe just do work in the morning and afternoon and take evenings off.  That should work.  I'll give that a try soon.


Alright.  I was staying up so that I could try to sign up for another interview because I got an email saying that I was an alternate.. but I guess that means that I just need to check back periodically in case someone cancels.  Not that there would be an opening at midnight.  Oh well.  So yeah.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment