10.02.2011

Day 134

Well today was race day.  We left way too early (6:30) and it was freezing.  Not really.  It was about 40 degrees.  But it was pretty chilly.  I made sure I was properly dressed.  I think this was the first time I've worn warm up pants in....a really long time.  A few years.  Kimmy didn't know I owned any.  Anyhow, we got there, talked with people we knew, then I started warming up since I was running the first leg.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The cold weather kept my body from over heating and the wonderful people along the way gave us water and food.  They had Gummy Bears!  It was awesome.  I was so very happy.  When my leg was over I actually felt like I could have kept going.  But I was a team player and decided to hand off the time chip to Jessie.  There was a shuttle waiting for all the relay runners to take us back to the lodge.  I was the last one... but that's ok.  They didn't hold it against me.  Our driver got lost on the way to the lodge, but we didn't hold that against her either.  So it was all good.


When we got back, we just sat around until everyone else finished.  Kimmy took a nap.  Jesse and I just played around on our phones while everyone else did...whatever they did.  We all stood at the finish line and cheered Amber through the finish.  We also decided it would be a wonderful idea for her to finish with Lily...so Amber was thrilled to run the last 50 yards with 20 extra pounds.  Clearly.  Overall we got a time of 4 hours and 8 minutes.  Obviously I helped our average time a lot.


After we got back to the house, I showered, packed, and ate lunch.  Then we all headed back to our respective cities.  I slept for the first hour of the car ride.  Then I tried to read through my life contingency notes.  That was just a wonderful time.  It was really hard to read in the car though.  There was just too much happening.  And the equations are all so similar.


When I got back I went grocery shopping.  Then I ate the rest of my meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner.  Timbo came over a little after 6 to help me with stats homework.  It made a bit more sense after he explained it.  My main problem is just understanding what the homework is asking.  It's either really wordy or uses symbols that I don't fully understand.  But it's starting to make more sense now.  I'm going to finish the homework tomorrow afternoon.


After he left I just did some cleaning.  I made my lunch for tomorrow.  This week I made my chicken with garlic salt and chili seasoning.  We'll see how that tastes.


And now... I'm tired.  So I'm going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment