10.03.2011

Day 135

It's late, so here's a quick update (perhaps).


We had class this morning.  It's really difficult to concentrate on finance for so long at 8am.  It's just a lot of information for so early in the morning.  I remember once at Mount Vernon that Dr. Noonan used to say that he thought we were just lazy for not liking 8am classes.  But then he started having 8am meetings and he realized how difficult it is to stay focused that early.  It really is. I do my best to following along and take notes, but it's just very difficult.  I might need to start making coffee and taking it with me.  We'll see.


Life contingencies was a bit better.  We spent a lot of time deriving some formulas.  I'm not sure how I feel about that method of teaching.  It works for life contingencies.  But it doesn't work for every class (in my humble opinion).


After class I had a meeting with Dr. Begum about the class she observed.  She thought I did well overall.  Mainly she just wanted to suggest that I write more things down when I go through examples.  She also wanted to make me aware that some students are on their laptops and not paying attention.  I told her that I am aware and that I've addressed it a couple times.  But I may start being more strict.  We'll see.  I figure that they're probably not going to pay attention either way, but at least they might try harder without that distraction.


Um.  I had lunch.  Then I worked on stats homework in the library.  Apparently there was a class meeting for a library tour because a lot of people I didn't know started sitting around me.  I was confused.  Then I figured out what was going on.  After a while I met Erica, Jordan, and Jacob in the Atrium to do homework.  That went, I suppose.  Class also went.  It's so hard to concentrate in that class.


After class I had dinner.  Spaghetti and homemade meatballs.  Then I did some work, planned my lesson, talked with some people on Facebook.  I talked with Kirby.  I lived with him my Junior year.  We compared notes on grad school.  We're both quite ready to be done.


Yeah.  Anyhow.  Bed time.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment