10.10.2011

Day 142

Well.  It was Monday today.  Indeed.


I got up a little late this morning but still got to class on time.


I just completely zoned out and got lost in my own thoughts for about 5 minutes.  Does that happen to anyone else?  It's odd.  With this whole moving thing and getting used to a new lifestyle I've started thinking more about my coping mechanisms.  And one that has proven to be especially useful over the years (that I am quite certain is incredibly unhealthy) is to pretend like bad memories don't exist.  Obviously I take care of whatever physical needs require attention, but if it's simply a memory that causes me displeasure I simply push it away until it becomes a fading memory.  After a while of that I just unconsciously pretend as if it never happened.  I've never really gotten into conversations about coping mechanisms (it usually gets too close to people's personal pains, which few people like to discuss I have realized), but I always wonder if other people cope the same ways that I do.  So that was a summary of my little zoning out right there.


Anyhow.  I had class this morning.  After which I went to my office and ate lunch.  This week for my lunch I seasoned the chicken with cinnamon and cayenne pepper.  And it tastes amazing.  The cayenne adds enough of a kick to make you want more and the cinnamon just tastes heavenly.  Unfortunately I didn't get enough salad dressing, so it tasted a lot like plain lettuce.


When I had finished with lunch I went to go work out.  Timbo was down there.  I've come to the conclusion that I just can't get motivated to push myself very hard in the weight room.  I do push myself some... but I'm never sore afterwards.  I just can't motivate myself enough to work that hard without a group or such.  Blech.  Oh well.


After working out I tried to find the locker room so that I could weigh myself but I could't find it.  So I just left.  Came home.  Showered.  Played Team Fortress during my snack break. Graded.  Then went to class again.  I really didn't feel like I got much out of the lecture today.  Bleh.  And we have a quiz the day after break.  And a homework assignment to turn in.  I have about a third of it done, I think.


I came back after class and had corn chowder for dinner.   Then I watched Transformers while I graded the rest of the extra credit papers. And I just finished writing my lesson plan for tomorrow, so that means that it's bed time!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment