10.17.2011

Day 149

What an exciting day I had today!  It started off fairly early.  6:15 to be exact.  This was the time at which I normal wake up.  But not today.  No, today I smiled to myself and turned my alarm off.


I finally did wake up around 8.  At which point I had a bagel with apple butter.  I was still hungry, so I had another bagel but with peanut butter this time.  They were both really good.


After breakfast I took a shower.  I spent most of the morning going between playing a game on my phone and doing some homework.  I've been trying to study for my stats quiz on Wednesday.  It's been less than stimulating.


For lunch Kimmy and I had grilled cheese and tomato soup.  And watched How I Met Your Mother.  And then watched some more.  Then... I did some dishes.  And some more homework.  It was a wonderful afternoon.


A little before 4 we got ready to go run some errands and get dinner.  We went to the shoe store so Kimmy could get rain boots, but they didn't have any that fit her.  So no boots were had.  Then we journeyed off to Hobby Lobby so Kimmy could get some charcoal for her art class.  And we saw mom! Apparently you don't have to bring in a physical coupon.  You should need to show the cashier the coupon from the website on a smartphone.  That was neat.  I did not know that before.


For dinner we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  It was so much goodness.  Their hamburgers are literally a double stack of heart attack with juicy diabetes and cheese.  It's the best thing in the world.  And the fries taste a little bit like heaven.  A very very salty heaven.  Let's see.  After dinner we went on a little adventure.  Kimmy asked where we were going, but it was a surprise.  So off we went.  Eventually we got to a small church.  I will not name this church, as the person with whom I worked to acquire said church did not get permission from the rest of church staff.  The groundskeeper simply let me use the building under the radar.  So I will keep it's location anonymous.  But we got there.  It was a really nice church.  We walked in the front door and music started playing!  What a surprise!  It was "Once upon a December" from the movie Anastasia.  It makes for a lovely waltz.  So we did a waltz.  And then the magical jukebox played "Zoot Suit Riot," to which we danced a nice swing.  After it was over we went for a walk.  Which was about 5 steps over to the altar where there was a nice little wooden box. So I grabbed the aforementioned box and opened it up for Kimmy.  This little box contained a small piece of jewelry, typically worn on the fourth finger of a female's left hand.  It was at this time that I believe Kimmy and I became formally "engaged."  So that was pretty neat.  Becky and James came out of hiding and got a few more pictures (which will hopefully be coming shortly).  Becky and James pretty much made it all happen.  They found the church when my other option didn't work, Becky took pictures, James got the music... and they both made sure I didn't go crazy from being too nervous.  So thanks, friends.  Also, Kimmy immediately recognized the company from whom I ordered the ring (Brilliant Earth) and she was very excited that I had picked them.  Go me!


After all that business was over we went to go get ice cream at Cold Stone.  I decided that buying my friends ice cream was the very least that I could do for all their help.  After Cold Stone we went to Wal-mart and bought pumpkins for carving!  Well... Becky and Kimmy carved.  James and I sat and discussed economics and politics.  We tried to understand the "Occupy" Movement, but neither of us really knew much about it so it proved to be useless.  So we just started talking about video games.  Then we got sent on an errand to get candles for the pumpkins.  And butter.  It took us a very long time to find candles (because we kept getting lost in conversation...then lost in the store).  But we eventually found them and made it back.


Umm... I was tired so I came home.  Talked with parents and told them about how it all happened.  And then... I started updating my blog.  After I updated Facebook to say that Kimmy and I are now engaged... well my computer has pretty much been exploding with people asking me about how it happened. I feel like a celebrity :)


But now it is bed time.  Good night, friends!  I will try to get pictures up soon.

1 comment: