10.08.2011

Day 139

It appears that I forgot to update last night.  So quick update for yesterday.


Yesterday I had class.  We talked more about amortization schedules in finance, but this time we focused on non-level, irregular payments.  It makes a lot of sense, so I have a feeling that it's going to suddenly get really difficult.  So, you know.  Yay.


Between classes we went to the Atrium.  Dustin and I worked on and discussed our life contingencies homework.  We all talked about...something.  I really can't recall what.  But it was a good talk, I'm sure.  Except when people started singing Friday by Rebecca Black.  Then it got less enjoyable.


In life contingencies we worked through a few problems.  I had already done most of them, but I had some practice in working through them faster.  So that was really good.  I'm learning that basically we shouldn't think of formulas. We have to just see the problem and start putting it in terms that are usable (generally life values from a life table).  Which, clearly, the equations don't do. So it's... tricky.


After class I came back and played Team Fortress for a little bit.  Timbo came over.  He and I did some homework and grading and such.  I didn't feel like doing a lot of homework, so I just graded and read some more extra credit papers.  Some of them are pretty good.  Others... they mean well.


Then last night I watched part of the Boise State game with Dustin and Liz.  Timbo was going to meet up with us after his date, but I guess it wasn't over when he thought it was going to be.  But that's ok.  We had fun anyway.  And then I came home and went to bed!  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment