10.23.2011

Day 155

Another week begins in a few hours.  Let's do this.


I slept in a little bit this morning.  I didn't get up until 8:30 I think.  Hmm...now that I think about it, I am uncertain of whether I got up at 8:30 or 9.  Oh well.  After my shower I went out grocery shopping.  I learned something this morning.  I learned that Aldi doesn't open 10am.  So if you get there at 9:30... it will be closed.  And you will be forced to go to Meijer first.  So yes... these are all things I learned today.  But grocery shopping went well today.  I officially gave little regard to how much I was spending, but only went about $8 over budget.  So that's not too bad.  I got all sorts of exciting things.  Like ham.  At a frozen dinner that was on sale.  And some oatmeal.  I'm pretty excited about the oatmeal.


After grocery shopping I came home, but stuff away, then went to church with Jessie and Richard.  Church was really good.  A missionary from Israel came to speak at church about his ministry and such.  It was really good.  Then we went to their apartment and had lunch.  Today it was left over lasagna from the Halloween party they went to last night.  It was good.  Richard had to leave shortly after we were done to go do stuff for school.  So I talked with Jessie for a bit, and that was good.


When I got back to my apartment I worked on grading and such for most of the afternoon.  And I cleaned some.  When I got tired of grading I wrote the practice exam for the class that I teach.  It can be hard to find questions that really reflect what we talked about in class without being  useless or leaving out important ideas.  So that took a while, but I think it should be pretty good.


Then it was dinner time.  I cut up a few slices of ham and made some mashed potatoes.  It was pretty tasty.  I realized that I didn't have much to put on the ham, so I just used cinnamon.  That turned out decently.  After dinner I started to finally study for life contingencies.  I wanted to keep grading, but I needed to get some studying done today.  And I'm glad that I did.  I started doing something different.  I'm rewriting my flash cards, but this time I'm doing it all from memory and trying to write down the meaning of each symbol and different equations involving it.  I think that doing it all from memory is really helpful.  It's a little slower, but it's been good.


So yeah.  I did that for a while.  Took a short Team Fortress break when my brain went to mush.  Then went back to studying.  Did some dishes.  And now I'm going to bed.  Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment