10.24.2011

Day 156

Mondays are always so long.  But one more Monday is done... a couple more to go.


I got up a little bit early to make my lunch instead of doing it last night.  I think that was a good choice.  I definitely didn't feel as rushed and was actually feeling ok during finance.  I'm not entirely sure what all we did in class...except talk more about bonds and repaying bonds and wonderful things like that.  In between classes I went to the Atrium with friends and studying for my life contingencies exam on Friday.  I'm starting to feel reasonably confident about chapter 5.  No clue about chapter 6... but we really haven't done much in that chapter anyways, so I don't know what to study.  I'm going to ask him tomorrow.


We had a special class today for life contingencies.  A speaker from Hannover life insurance came to talk with us about being an actuary.  It was pretty good. He talked about different factors that influence the probability distributions that are used with pricing and how different policies and historic events have changed insurance.  It was pretty interesting.


After class I had some lunch in my office, did a little studying, then went off to go work out.  Today was shoulders and abs.  It was so much fun.  On my way back I got frozen vegetables and a little pocket notepad that I forgot to get yesterday when I was grocery shopping.  When I got back I showered and started grading some more projects.  Apparently a week from Thursday I have to have some report written up for the UCC committee about the assessment project in my class.  I got an email... I need to read it.  I left a little early for stats so I could stop at Wal-mart.  Again.  Apparently I lost my fingernail clippers.  Boo.  So I had to get some more.


Stats...went.  I found out earlier today that we have a huge homework assignment due on the day of our exam.  Again.  I talked with her after class and she agreed to move the homework due date until the class period after the exam.  I know that she gives us these homework assignments as study aids... but it doesn't help me and just gets me stressed.  So I'm very grateful that she's been willing to push the homeworks back.


I also finally planned the group project I'm going to assign to the class and I'm going to give it to them tomorrow.  We'll see how it goes.  I want them to have a little fun with it... but... I guess I'll know how that goes tomorrow.


After dinner Timbo came over for a couple hours and we studied life contingencies.  It was really good.  He and I study well together.  Starting tomorrow he and I are going to begin looking at chapter 6.  Woo.


And now... it is bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment