10.01.2011

Day 133

I woke up early this morning.  Early for Saturday, anyhow.  8:30 is pretty late for any other day of the week.  I had a couple mini-bagels with peanut butter.  I really that was breakfast.  After breakfast I did some work for life contingencies.  I think I need to spend some time on the way home tomorrow just looking over equations.  I didn't feel like I knew the equations at all while I was doing the problems.  It's very difficult because all of the equations are incredibly similar.  I won't try to describe the equations... there are too many subscripts and superscripts.  And weird non-standard symbols.  Here is the wikipedia article on actuarial notation.  You can get a feel for the symbols that we use.  It takes some getting used to, but it's getting better.


So yeah.  Did that for a little bit.  Then we went over to see the grandparents for a little bit before they went to lunch.  After that Jessie and Richard went up to watch dad's game.  Kimmy and I stayed home.  I worked on stats homework all afternoon.  I got most of it done.  I still have a few problems left, but Timbo and I are going to have a serious study party tomorrow evening so we're going to work on stuff then.  Mostly finance and stats though.


Jesse and Amber came in the early afternoon but then went off to get lunch and visit the grandparents.  Kimmy and I stayed at home and did more homework.  This grad school thing is a killer.  Eventually everyone came back around 4:30.  I was tired of doing homework by that point.  So I started helping get dinner ready.  Mom had made lasagna last night.  I was in charge of making salads.  It was super tricky.  Not really.


After dinner we cleaned up and went to go see the grandparents again!  Yay!  So we were over there for a couple hours, just talking and things. I got a recipe for curry chicken and pear chutney.  I would like to make that soon.  Friday, after I get paid.  I think that next weekend I'm going to bake some cookies.  Yes... I would like to do that.


Yeah.  Tomorrow morning I'm going to die in the race.  So... this might be my last update.  If I somehow manage to survive the race and cold weather I will continue keeping everyone up to date on my goings on.  But tomorrow morning will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment