10.01.2012

Day 496

You know, some days just don't go quite like you planned.  It's not necessarily a bad thing... just a thing that happens.

Today was one of those days.

So I got up a little late, blogged, and showered.  Then Kimmy and I had some breakfast and went to church.  Today we had a guest speaker from Olivet Nazarene University.  I thought he did a really good job talking about the Kingdom of Heaven.  My favorite line was (in reference to the parable of the farmer sowing seeds) that "God is a pretty bad farmer... but he's a really great God."  It was funny but also very true.  God's not looking to optimize his investment/profit ratio... he's just looking to send his message everywhere.

After church we went to lunch with Jessie and Richard at Greek's pizza.  Kimmy had never eaten there before, so we decided that it was about time we went!  It was good and we had fun.

When we got home we did some laundry, then I spent some time applying to a few jobs.  It was SO fun!  It wasn't, actually.  But maybe I'll get somewhere with it.

We made penne carbonara for dinner.  It turned out well, but the sauce was a little thin.  So I think that next time I want to add some flour to thicken it up a bit.

After dinner I finished up some homework for tomorrow.  Then I decided to be done for the night.  It's going to be a long weekend so I wanted to take an easy day before going back at it.

Well.  I'm tired, so I'm off to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment