9.30.2012

Day 495

I slept in yesterday.   I don't think I actually got up until 8:45 or 9.  It felt great.  Kimmy got up a little later and we had some breakfast, then went off to the farmer's market.  We got there pretty late, so the corn vendor was already sold out.  Boo.

We finished the rest of our grocery shopping, then came home and had lunch. It took us longer than normal because we were looking for a few things that apparently are hard to find.  Like lunch boxes.  And most of the ones we did find were either way too big (basically coolers), too small, or had Hello Kitty on them.  But eventually we were able to find a good one.

After we got back home we had lunch, then I started on homework.  That ate up the rest of my afternoon.... Kimmy had to go to work a little before 5.  Then I went to a church cook-out with Jessie and Richard.  It was fun!  We got some food, talked with Pastor Mark, then a few different people came up to talk with us.  After we were done eating Richard and I played a yard-game with a couple of other guys.  It was sort of a mix between corn-hole and disc-golf, I suppose.  According to the all-knowing Internet, it has been merchandised as Flimsee.  Here is the basic idea:

The people are trying to throw the frisbee in between the poles.  If it goes directly between the poles, you get get two points.  If you hit a pole and the cup gets knocked off, you get one point.  But if you knock a cup off, the other team can try to catch the cup and earn a point.  My team lost, but it was fun.

When I got back home I did some more homework for a while.  Kimmy got home around 10:20, so we talked for a while, had some food, hooked up the Xbox to the TV with a new cable, talked some more... then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment