10.23.2012

Day 519

Well.  The day has come.  And that day is: my last day of break.  Hurumph.

But it was a good day.  Kimmy had to go to work early :( so we had some breakfast, then I did some homework after she left.  I worked on a project for Mr. Owens' class for... pretty much the rest of the morning and into the afternoon.  I have a really good start on it, but I sent it off to Mr. Owens so that he could make sure some calculations were correct.

After lunch I sent some emails to people with whom I've interviewed and have not yet heard a response.  Only one of them has responded so far, and he essentially said that at this point "no news is good news."  But he isn't really involved with the hiring process after the initial interview, so he wasn't able to give me any additional information.  Which is fine with me, I just want to see where things are.

I took a short break after that, then got back into homework and starting dinner.  I made pizza!  For as many times as I've made pizza it still rarely turns out as well as I'd like it to.  I think my big issue is making sure that all the flour is getting mixed into the dough.  This is mostly just an issue with me not wanting to take the time to ensure that it's thoroughly mixed in as well as my dislike of mixing the dough with my hands.  The recipe calls for you to mix one cup of flour in at time, but to mix it really well you have to knead it in with your hands.  Which requires that you mix in a cup, wash your hands, then put another cup in (unless you want to get pizza dough in the flour bag).  I don't know... I'm still working on it.

When Kimmy came home she finished making dinner so that I could do some more homework.  Then we had pizza!  She also made breadsticks.  She's been trying to perfect cheese-filled breadsticks, and I think that she's getting pretty close.  They're really good.

After dinner I did some more work.  I was having a hard time concentrating, so I just called it a night.  So I played a game, then Kimmy and I took out the trash.  When we got back we had a snack and watched a show online.

And now it's time for bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment