10.15.2012

Day 510

I got up somewhat early this morning... for a weekend, anyhow.  So I got up, showered, had some breakfast, then we all went to church.  There is a new big push to raise money to expand the building, so the service was about that and how giving isn't about a dollar amount, but about making a sacrifice.  I'm pretty torn about things like this.  I totally get that there are needs that must be met for a church... having a building, paying the staff (so that they can devote a full week of work to the job and not be required to go find other employment), etc.  But at the same time, I'm always torn by what the real church needs are.  Is a multi-million dollar expansion as important as sending a couple million dollars to poverty-stricken countries and buying a few hundred or a thousand wells?  I don't know.  I really do not know.  And it's pretty much every church, so no single one is to blame.  It's just a struggle I'm going through at the moment.

After church we came home and had lunch, and got packed up.  Shortly after lunch Kimmy and I met up with Becky and Miles and we went to a corn maze!  It was fun.  Rainy and muddy, but fun.  And it was actually pretty tricky.  So I recommend the Suter's corn maze to everyone!  And they have amazing apple cider.  After that we came back to Muncie.

We had some dinner, then I worked on my lesson for tomorrow for a while.  I'm teaching for Mr. Owens for his financial mathematics class.  We'll see how it goes.  It should be fine... I don't suspect that there will be any issues.  But I think that's sort of how every teacher begins a lesson.

Ok.  I'm really tired and it's very late.  So I'm off to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment