10.06.2012

Day 501

More things happened today!

I spent the majority of the morning doing some grading, preparation for my interview, and other things around the house.  Kimmy had to work early, so we had some breakfast then I did my things.

Also our kitty is silly.

And kinda cute.  Ok, actually he's really cute.  He's pretty confused by our glass-top table.

So after I did all of the productive things I left for my interview.  It probably would have been beneficial for me to have driven and paid a few dollars to park in the parking garage... but I didn't.  It was raining really hard.  But I made it in plenty of time.  I was just pretty wet.

I thought that the interview went well.  I felt like I had good answers to his questions and we seemed to really connect.  So I guess I'll find out in a few weeks!

As I was leaving my interview I realized that my pants did not match my jacket.... and I felt silly.  They were both grey, but my pants were not ones that came with my jacket.  Oh well!  It was too late when I discovered it.

In class we talked about the stock market and how all of the buying and trading works.  It's interesting because most of the people in the stock exchange don't necessarily understand specifically why the numbers move the way they do... like the formulas that control them and such.  The traders and investors know how to predict that the market will move, but have no concept of the formulas used to calculate everything.  That's the job of the actuary.  So it's neat to learn about all of this behind-the-scenes work.

When I got home we made some dinner: pot pies!  They were pretty tasty.  After dinner we went grocery shopping.  It felt really weird to go on a Friday night, but we're going to a wedding tomorrow so we had to do it now.  So off we went.  Aldi was carrying some seasonal food (and we had a particularly small grocery list this time) so we got a few things.  Like apple butter, spice cider, and pumpkin bagels!

After we got back I did some grading for a while.  Tomorrow and Sunday will be devoted to lots of studying... woohoo!  But such is life.

I have an early day tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment