9.14.2012

Day 479

This morning started extra early.  My brain was too tired last night to research Humana for my interview today, so I woke up a little early to do some research on the company.

I thought that the interview went well.  But to be fair, I feel like most interviews go well.  At the end they said that they'll be making their selections in the next two or so weeks, so I should be hearing from them at that time.

Then I went to go teach.  The lesson today was pretty in-depth, but I thought it went well.  After class I talked with one of my students and asked him for his opinion on the class.  He told me, then he gave me some really helpful tips that I want to start implementing.  I'd like to get the opinions of some more students over the next few weeks.

After class I did some prep work for the next exam.  I'm giving my class a test in a week, so I sent them a study guide for that.  Then one of my students came into my office for some help.  After my student left I went to go get some coffee and ran into some students I had last fall.  So I talked with them for a few minutes (about 30 seconds), then we were all on our way.

I went to my Regression/Time Series class and we talked some more about matrices and such.  We got our next assignment so I'm hoping that some of these concepts will make more sense after I get some practice.  I've found that most stats classes make more sense after some homework practice.

After class I came home.  I talked with Kimmy for a bit and then I called mom and dad.  As I was on the phone with them our landlord's son came by to replace our refrigerator.  It works!  We had to give it a good cleaning.... and the seal isn't the best, but it works.  Quite well, in fact.  So now our food won't spoil!

After dinner Kimmy had to go to work.  I did some cleaning: I cleaned the refrigerator out, I did the dishes, then I set up our microwave stand that Kimmy's parents brought us.  Then I spent the rest of the evening relaxing and doing a little job searching.

Kimmy got home a little after 10 and we've just been talking and things since then.  And now it's time for bed.  Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment