9.03.2012

Day 469

Today feels like it was such a long day.  It was really good, but I'm actually quite astounded at how long it has seemed.

I got up around 7 to get started with the day.  After I finished showering Kimmy got up to get ready for her interview.  Macy's called her back and wanted to set up another interview.  So while she got ready I got some breakfast and worked on homework problems.  I did that for the rest of the morning.  It was such fun.

Kimmy came back from her interview and she got the job!  Yay!  Now we can pay the bills.  Life is wonderful.  She needed to get some new clothes to wear for work, so she went to a couple stores and did her thing.

While she was gone I got some lunch and entered some grades into Blackboard.  I also made my dish for our potluck.  We had some potatoes, so I just chopped them up and made fries.  I need to get some good spice mixes.  The ones I have....well... I don't really have many.  So usually I just have to hazard a guess and mix some spices together.  Usually it turns out well, but I've gotten some weird results.

Anyhow, after Kimmy got back we got ready for the potluck.  We made sure we got there at the beginning because I volunteered to cook the chicken.  The potluck was at Kathryn and Erica's apartment, so we got over there and I started doing my magic.  And by "magic" I mean "putting chicken in a dish and cooking it."  I think that someday I'd like to try something really fancy.  Something that tastes amazing, looks good, and isn't just a functional dish to satisfy an appetite and be edible.  It would be fun, provided that I have the time and resources for it.  We'll see.  Once I start studying for my next exam.... I really don't want to think about that.

So the potluck was fun.  There was this show on TV... I don't even remember what it was called but it was about this family Georgia, like super rural Georgia.  And the entire point of the show was to point out how ridiculous, uneducated, and pathetic these peoples' lives are.  Their drawl is so heavy that subtitles are often used, and most of the time the "sentences" don't even make sense.  At first I was just mesmerized by this show... then I just felt sick.  I have no regrets concerning our lack of cable TV.  None at all.

Later on Tim and Erin came with one of their friends.  Tim and Erin tend to be the conversational center in our outings.  Which is really amazing because the rest of us are significantly sub-par at carrying on a conversation.  Alyce (the aforementioned friend) is starting a grad program in Actuarial Science in New York, so she had all sorts of questions for us.  Actually, since about 5 of us were new faces to her she had many questions to ask everyone.  It was entertaining.

After well all left we came home and... did something.  Hmm.  I'm sure it was super important.  But then Kimmy and I watched some more Firefly.  I'm sad that there is only one season of it, because I have been enjoying it.  Oh well.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  I got nearly all of my homework done, I just need to finish a few more problems.  So homework, I give a test tomorrow, I'm working on homework for another class with some classmates, and then grading.  I have much, much grading to do.  Joy.  And there is a resume workshop tomorrow evening, which I will be attending.

Well.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment