9.16.2012

Day 482

Today felt like a really long day, and I'm not quite sure why.

After I got up I did a little work on my computer.  Specifically, I tried to fix my mouse.  I've been having some weird issues with it for the past couple of days, so I tried a few other things this morning. I had it working... for a while.  But I didn't have time to look into the issue anymore.  Kimmy and I had to make a quick trip to Wal-mart before church.  Then I dropped Kimmy off at home so that she could get ready for work.  When she started working she told that she didn't want to work Sunday mornings... but I guess Macy's has their own agenda.  Hmph.

Church was good.  I probably always say that, but it really is a good church.  Today Pastor Mark talked about the things that don't really matter to God.  I've heard a lot about how God cares about everything we do and all of that... but it's not often that someone talks about what doesn't matter to God.  Things like where we work, our political party, how much money we make... none of it matters.  The only thing that actually makes a difference is whether we're open to carrying on conversations with God.

After church I got some lunch with Jessie and Richard.  We discussed our family vacation next summer.  And their continuing saga of house-hunting.

When I got home I worked on my computer some more.  I tried a few more things.... and they ultimately did not work.  So for the time being I'm using my old mouse.  Ick.  But it will work for now.  I sent an email off to their customer service, so hopefully I get a response soon.

I made some pizza dough for dinner, then did some studying.  When Kimmy got home she made some bread sticks and we had dinner!


It was all quite yummy.

After dinner we went for a walk in the park near our house.  There's a garden, but it closes at 5:30.  And we always forget to go early or don't have time early.  Oh well.

When we got back we did some laundry.  I tried to fold Kimmy's shirts an failed pretty miserably.

And now it's about bed time.  Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a day: homework in the morning with Alex and Timbo, class, then an interview at 4:30 with Lincoln.  So I need to get some sleep.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment