9.20.2012

Day 486

At the beginning of the day I went to the library to print off the tests for my class.  Then... you guessed it... I went to class and gave my students a test.  I think that I'm going to start running statistics on the exams.  Specifically I want to see if there is any correlation between the exam score and the length of time taken to finish the exam.  I didn't think to do this at the beginning of the test, but I do know the order that they finished, so I'm going to run a quick correlation and see what I can find.  It will be cool.  I might also throw in attendance.  And conveniently I have more than 30 students so I can safely assume a normal distribution (instead of using the Student's T distribution).  What I'm actually speculating is that people who finished around the mean completion time will do best.  But we'll see what happens.

After class I went to my office, ate, and started grading.  Then I went to go get coffee with Tim.  We had a lovely time talking about classes, the job search, how silly this whole situation is (and how we really just want to get a job), and about married life.  We came to the conclusion that Tim and Erin share a lot of the same background and differences that Kimmy and I have.  So it was very enlightening to hear about some of the exact (or approximately equivalent) issues in different people.

When I got home I did some grading, then Kimmy and I made dinner.  We had corn and sandwiches!  They went well together.  Then I went to a company presentation.  Today's was with Aon Hewitt, which is a consulting company out of Chicago.  I figured it would be a good idea to go to this presentation since I have an interview with them tomorrow.  And I'm very glad that I did go because I had a really good time.  The company seems pretty great and the recruiters were very nice and personable. So I really hope the interview goes well tomorrow.  After the presentation I stayed and talked with some of the other people in the program and one of the recruiters.

When I got home Kimmy and I did some grading.  We got about halfway through grading... so hopefully I can finish that sometime soon.

And now it's time for bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment