9.29.2012

Day 494

Yesterday started off with some studying for my test.  I ran through formulas again, did some practice exercises, read the text... I felt pretty prepared for it.

In other news, it's official: my bike tire has a leak in it.  So until I can afford to fix it, it looks like I'mm be walking to school.  Which isn't so bad, it's only a mile or so.  I left to go study with Dustin and Timbo for a while, but we'd all studied pretty much everything that there was to study.  Dustin had to tutor someone (he was working his office hours) so Timbo and I went to a different room to study.  We went over some things from class that *probably* wouldn't show up on the test (since we hadn't really covered them at all), but we had time so we looked at them again and tried to make sense of it.  We also discussed economics.  Someday when I have time I'd like to read some good books on history, economics, and sociology.  I think I'm just really interested in how things develop over time.

The test went much better than I had anticipated.  It was nearly identical to the practice test, so I'm pretty sure that I got 100% on it.

During the other class we learned more things about the stock market.  The things we're discussing are a little more theoretical than most of the things we discuss.

After class I came home and considered getting work done... but ultimately did not.  I needed to relax.  The next week is going to be very long, so I needed to take a break before getting into it.

Jessie and Richard came over for dinner.  We had the test of the lasagna that Kimmy made.  So we talked school and jobs and weekend plans and such.  It was fun.  They're in the process of getting the details finalized on their house, so they've had many many trips to Fishers over the past few months.

Later on in the evening I went to go see a movie with Dustin.  Every Friday there is a movie night on campus that is free for students.  It was pretty good.  The movie was called "Seeking a friend for the end of the world."  The premise is that a meteor is about to hit earth and everyone has three weeks to live.  So it follows one guy and how he spends his last days alive.  It was written as a comedy but obviously had some pretty dark undertones.  I was so emotionally drained when it was over.  I'd go from laughing to being sad to getting very contemplative... all within a couple of minutes.  For the entire movie.  I needed a nap when it was over.

Then I came home, talked with Kimmy about her day and everything, then went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment