9.27.2012

Day 493

I did my standard routine this morning: get up, get ready, go to class.  This morning in my class we talked about different sampling methods.  There are so many cool things that could be done with these chapters... but I just do not have the time and energy to look for really good, engaging ideas for the students.  On the one hand I feel bad that I'm not doing a better job and trying to make a class that so engaging and exciting for the students.  On the other hand... I feel that I'm doing the best that I can with the resources and time that I have.  But I've been giving them projects to do each chapter that get them thinking beyond the text book.  So my goal is to give them an assignment that has them reading about and examining different sampling methods and such.  I'm not quite sure yet, but I want to make a good project for them.

Anyhow, after class I finished working on the project for my Regression class. There were a few other people from my class in the computer lab, so Timbo and I were able to help them out with some questions they had.  Then I had a quick lunch and went to a meeting with the other MATH 125 instructors.  It was fine.  Since every student has to take this class there are some assessment things that need to be done to make sure that everything is getting taught.  So... yeah.

Then there was class.  Yep.  It was....class.  I'm not sure what else to say about it. After it was over I came home and Kimmy and I went to the store.  Tomorrow is Timbo's birthday, so I had some of my friends over for dinner in celebration.  So I made hamburgers and Kimmy made fries.  It turned out really well.  But Kimmy had to go work, so she couldn't stick around for very long.  Dinner was good though.  We talked math and movies and geographical preferences.  It was fun.  Then after dinner we did some studying.  I feel pretty confident about the test... but anything could happen!

Yeah.  So i'm gonna go to bed now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment