9.06.2012

Day 472

Well... the chronicles of fridge-less-ness continue.  The rumor for the landlord is that someone is supposed to come over at 10am tomorrow to fix it.  We'll see what happens.

So I started the morning with breakfast and going to class.  This chapter I'm teaching is on scheduling.  I don't like how vocabulary heavy this book is, but since they need the vocabulary to do the homework... I'm not quite sure what to do.  Anyhow, I was about halfway into my lesson when I decided to break from the notes and get a little classroom involvement.  So I talked with them about how they make schedules and calendars, and how it applied to the theories we're discussing.  That seemed to get them marginally more interested.

After class I worked on homework with Timbo.  Then we got some lunch and discussed being actuaries and what all we have ahead of us for the next five years.  It's going to be a lot of work, that's for certain.

Class was fine.  I actually felt like I was able to follow along reasonably well. It's funny (not really), but when I took my Linear Algebra course at Mount Vernon, I knew that it would be useful someday, but I had no idea how.  As it turns out, Statisticians use matrices a lot.  In other news, I'm convinced that if someone looked at my notes or homework, they'd assume I was just throwing symbols around haphazardly.  There are rarely numbers in statistics... mostly just letters.

After that I came home and talked with Kimmy about her day, then attempted to do some work.  My brain was just tired... so I took a short break.  Then we made some chicken and canned corn for dinner.  It was fine.  I'm quite ready to have a working fridge.

I just remembered something.  Before I went to class this morning I cleaned out some of the rotting food that was in the fridge.  Oh my word... it smelled so bad.  It's going to be a while before I can smell carrots or look at mashed potatoes again.  It was so gross.

Anyhow.  We made dinner.  And ate it.  Then froze the left overs since... well, that's the only option we have.

Then I worked on my resume.  I gave it a major overhaul (again), so I'm going to see if Mr. Owens has time to look at it tomorrow.

I was going to do some grading, but my brain is just done.  I was tired from three consecutive long days and stressed because of our fridge situation.  And kinda hungry.  It's going to be a long weekend, but I needed a break today.

And now it's about bedtime. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment