9.01.2012

Day 466

It appears that I slept in today.  And it felt amazing.

But I didn't sleep in yesterday.  Yesterday morning I got up early, paid some bills, applied for a couple jobs, then did some studying.  Apparently when I applied for the jobs on Thursday I didn't realize that they all had questionnaires, so I did all that nonsense.

After studying I had lunch and went to class.  We just had our quiz, no real class worth mentioning.  And since the quizzes are just questions off of the homework (this is his way of making sure we do the homework, instead of turning in the entire assignment), I was done in a couple of minutes.  During our other class we continued out discussion on "The Binomial Pricing Model for European Puts and American Option for 3 or more periods."  It was pretty intense.  But it was really just an extension of our discussion on the Two-Period Binomial pricing model for European calls from Wednesday.  After class I stuck around and talked with Mr. Owens about teaching.  He and I are both teaching the same math class, so we talked about different methods we use.  I told him that I avoid using Powerpoint slides because I tend to go to fast, but if I write things on the board I maintain the same pace as the students.

When I got back I talked with Kimmy a little bit, then we went on a date to Pizza hut!  We decided to be adventurous and get a stuffed crust pizza.... it was really good.  I imagine that will be happening again sometime.  When we got back we played some Left4Dead, then a game on Kinect.  Kinect is basically a web-cam that you attach to an Xbox.  It tracks your body movement and there are certain games you can play with Kinect.  The one we were playing involved some jumping.... and apparently our ceiling is really low.  I hit my head on the ceiling.  It didn't feel good.  But surprisingly I didn't get a headache or anything.  So after that I didn't really feel like playing anymore.  So we watched an episode of Firefly, then went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment