9.12.2012

Day 478

Two days from now I can take a breath.  It's going to be awesome.

Today started early.  Actually it started at the regular time... but that's always way too early.  I got up and got ready for the career fair.  Riding my bike with my suit on was an adventure, for sure.

I got to campus around 8:30 and went to the computer lab for a while.  I printed off some resumes and did a little research on some of the companies who were attending the career fair. Erica was there when I arrived, then Alex and Timbo joined us shortly thereafter.  So we talked resumes and... I think at some point Alex got on his political soap box.  But that was short-lived, since we all had work to do.

So the career fair.  It was busy.  But I was able to talk with all of the companies there and even got an interview for tomorrow morning with Humana.  They do (mainly) health insurance and are based in Lousiville.  So I'll be sure to keep you all updated on how the interview goes.  I also stopped by Lincoln Financial Group's table because I interview with them on Monday.


After the career fair I went to class.  We started talking about an advanced version of our previous topic (binomial pricing).  I'm going to have a lot of work to do this weekend between this class and my actuarial models class.

When class was over Dustin and Timbo and I just killed some time until the company presentation.  I like learning about these companies.  I think it's been helpful in trying to decide where I want to work.  But the first step is to get some job offers!

When I got home I did some lesson preparation for my class tomorrow.  And some grading.  I was going to do my research for my interview tomorrow morning (8:30... woohoo!) but my brain was too fried from today.  So I'm just going to get up early so that I can be more refreshed.

Well.  I'm off to bed.  Good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment