8.30.2012

Day 465

Today was somewhat strange.

I got up to do some last minute preparation for class.  But then I realized that I was already pretty well prepared, so I applied for a few more jobs.  Three of them were "data mining" jobs, and one of them was actuarial. 

Today's class was just review for the exam on Tuesday.  It's really more of a quiz, but oh well.  I'm only covering one chapter on it.  So we reviewed.  Everyone *seems* to understand it pretty well, so we'll see how the test goes!

After class I did some homework in my office for a while.  Then one of my students came up to my office to ask some questions.  So we worked through some problems and I tried to explain some things better.  I think it helped.  She was doing a lot better at the problems by the time she left.  We ended up leaving my office to go to the computer lab so that I could use the dry-erase board up there.

Then I had class.  We started to actually get into the material and discussing how linear regression models are made.  We have our first homework assignment next week, so we'll see how it goes.  I had this really weird experience during class.  About ten minutes in I got really disoriented?  And I couldn't figure out what day it was, what I'd done that day, why I was in class, or (if it was Thursday) what I'd done all week.  It was really odd.

When I got back home Kimmy and I programmed our new garage door openers!  So now we don't have to get out of the car, unlock the side door, open the garage, then get back in the car and park.  It was pretty annoying.  Then we made shepherd's pie for dinner.  It took longer than I had anticipated, but mostly because I just had a really hard time trying to figure out how to do everything.  But we got it done, then watched Firefly during dinner.  After we finished eating I did some more studying.  At some point I want to start adding things to my food blog...we'll see how that goes.

And now we're going to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment