6.30.2012

Day 404

Well, let's hope there isn't an error today.  That was my obligatory "404" joke.

Well, this was another exciting day.  There was still no power today.  I had a weird dream last night.  Have you ever read the book "1984"?  In the book they refer to all of the governmental departments as "The Ministry of... "  Well I had a dream that I was getting a new job at one such ministry.  But during orientation they would say "Welcome to the Ministry of aldnnrbrjdosbfnfkgjdnsbsbah"  And I asked them to repeat and they would say "Welcome to the Ministry of aldnnrbrjdosbfnfkgjdnsbsbah."  As it turns out, that long unintelligible noise was actually something I was hearing from real life... It was the sound of siding hitting the side of the house next store.  That was weird.

Dad and I got on the road around 830 or so.  It was pretty uneventful.  Just driving.  We listens to one of dad's tech podcasts.  They talked a lot about the upcoming Windows 8 phone.  It was interesting.

We got to Bullfrog Mountain (uncle Mike and Aunt Shasta's new place) around 11.  And we moved stuff for the next 5 hours.  But we got the U-haul unloaded!  Yay!  Then dad and uncle mike and I returned it to Mount Vernon.  It was a ghost town...  The power was out in the entire town.  A guy at the u-haul place said it wouldn't be back for 5 days!  We figured that surely wal-mart must be open.  But they were not.  There was one open gas station... And they had at least 30 cars there trying to get has.

We left Mount Vernon and went up to Butler.  Their grocery had been totally wiped out by mount Vernon people.  So then we just went home.

After dinner uncle mike and I went to Mansfield to go grocery-ing.  The road by his new house takes him right to wal-mart in Mansfield, which is pretty nice.  So we went shopping and got all of the things.  I also explained the beauty of steak-n-shake to uncle mike because he'd never been to one before.

When I got back we talked for a bit, and now we're all going to bed! So good night all!  Hopefully the storm aftermath is treating you well, whenever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment