6.18.2012

Day 392

Today was pretty good.  I stayed pretty busy at work, so the day went by pretty quickly.  It was good though.  I did some stuff with Lee, working on some monthly (I think) nonsense.  It involved running some scripts, running some macros, then doing some other things.  One of the parts of it involves doing a mass file transfer from the database to Excel.  It usually took about 5 minutes.  But for some reason... the one I was doing right before lunch was being waaaaaay slow.  So instead of taking 5 minutes, it took about 30 minutes.  To make sure that the script didn't go crazy and overload Excel, I had to hit enter at certain points to keep things going.  So instead of hitting enter every 5 seconds, I hit it every 20 seconds.  For 30 minutes.  Woo.  Thankfully Lee took over so I could each lunch (he had to make a phone call). Other than that one mishap, I was able to get a lot done and I had a really good day.


When I got back home I made some raviolli for dinner.  Dad was off at an open filed, so I braved the desolate wilderness (my home) and foraged for food (from the container of leftovers).  True mountain man, right here.  Anyhow, after dinner I did some dishes and not much else.  Aunt Shasta, Uncle Mike, and Olivia are here now.  They're moving to some new place near Mansfield to rent out some cabins.  So they've been driving for quite some time.  Yeah.  We sat around and talked and things for a while.  It was fun.  When dad got home we talked some more about all sorts of fun things.  


Side note: I got to explain soccer to the guys on break today.  It was fun.  They're mainly football and basketball people, so they always have soccer questions for me.  Today they wanted to know about the corner flags.  So I had to explain why they exist and the purpose they serve.


And now... bed time!  Night, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment