6.19.2012

Day 393

No need to fear, friends.  I'm still wearing a shirt.  Sometimes people ask me "So Joel... still wearing a shirt?"  And the answer (which you may have guessed) is that yes... yes indeed I am in fact still a shirt wearing civilian.  Since there are those who seem to not be aware of the metaphorical significance of my shirt wearing, allow me to enlighten those among you who have been uncertain.  You see, back in the glory days of breaks without responsibilities I had way too much free time.  Like... I didn't get up until 10am!  Which just seems absurd right now.  Anyhow, most days the only things I had to do were on par with "get the mail," "do laundry," "make sure no one breaks in."  You know, the normal things.  Anyhow, I used to measure how productive my day was by whether or not I wore a shirt.  For some reason I had an awful time justifying putting a shirt on when I didn't have to actually leave the house.  Over time the idea of wearing a shirt came to symbolize being productive (in the weird little world in which I live).  The metaphor now stands for my act to do something productive and memorable with my life.  Memorable in the sense that each day has significance and is not just lost in the shuffle of weeks or months.  This helps me reflect and remember that I was given the blessing of living this day while others (someday myself included) were not.


So the rest of my day.  Well, all of my day.  It was good.  I went to work and was feeling pretty good.  I got some more work with Vivian done and finished up the project we started last week.  It's a bit of a bear.  After lunch I did a thing for Tina.  This is the third or fourth time I've done it.  Each time in the past I made one or two errors, so I tried really really hard to not make any mistakes this time.  And I did it!  I was pretty happy.


After work I came home and had dinner with dad.  We talked about his upcoming travel plans and about work and such.  Then we cleaned up and went about our various ways.  He had to go run some errands.  I...did nothing.  So you know, it was a good time.  But I read lots of people's creepy stories online, so it was quite entertaining, to say the least.  Yeah, that's about it.  Around 9 I started my nightly routine (which today included getting laundry that I'd forgotten about from earlier).  Now I'm off to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment