6.11.2012

Day 385

I had a really good day at work today.  The drive is still rough... actually, clarification.  The drive really isn't that bad.  The anticipation and preparation for the drive are the nightmare.  Extending my work day for an hour in both directions (and the ever-present knowledge of this fact) is the real killer.  And I need to get some new music or something on my phone.  Anyhow, work was good.  I spent the entire day working on a monthly update.  It's nice because it's very straight forward for the (most part) but also pretty time consuming... so they can just set me at it and in about two days the bulk of it will be done.  There are some irregularities here and there, but there are also very well documented notes.  It's pretty repetitive, but there are just enough situations that require judgment calls that it wouldn't really be worth the time to automate everything.  There are so many instances where you need to read a comment or documentation to determine what to do for a certain situation... and all of those exceptions would have to specially coded in addition to check every month to ensure that it had been properly handled.  Maybe someday, but for now the man-power does not exist to try to automate it and get the rest of the work done.  But it makes a good project for the intern :)


I made a new friend at lunch today.  Not really new, since I've met him before.  And I obviously don't remember his name... but he came and talked with me for a bit after lunch today.  I'm guessing he's probably about 5 years older than I am.  I mentioned that I'd gone to school at Mount Vernon and he kind of perked up and said that they'd offered him a baseball scholarship to go there.  He ended up not going there because Bowling Green offered him a smaller scholarship, but it was still cheaper overall.


After work I went to watch dad's team play a game at the middle school.  I'd convinced my friend Tiffany to come, as she is a fellow soccer enthusiast.  So we caught up on life and things and watched the game.  And talked about plenty of non-soccer related things, like how we don't like the hot weather and definitely prefer the cold (I'm not alone!).  Seriously, when it's cold you can always put on more clothes.  When it's hot... there's only so much you can take off before a) you encounter public decency laws or b) taking off skin is weird.  Anyhow, I left after the first game but she stayed and watched the other game with my mom.


When I got back I emailed some people about bed and breakfasts and then the apartment manager where Kimmy and I plan on living next year.  


Yarg, I still need to take care of the book I sold on half.com.  I need to get that in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday...


Anyhow.  I'm going to bed now.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment