6.21.2012

Day 395

Well this morning started off a bit unusually!  I was running a little late because oddly enough, my bed seemed extra comfortable this morning.  Actually, that's every morning.  Anyhow, I got ready and got out the door about ten minutes after I like to leave.  I can still get there on time, but it's close.  There's really no formal reprimanding for being a couple minutes late, but I don't find lateness to be very professional.... and I just really prefer being timely.  Then I missed my exit.  I'm not quite sure how.... I saw the "US-30 in 4 miles" sign.  And then I saw the exit pass me on my right.  Thankfully Central's address is in my GPS, so I got to a work a little differently today.  But I still got there with a couple minutes to spare, so no harm was done.


I went to a meeting today.  It was pretty interesting, even though it was hard to follow everything.  It's just difficult to truly grasp what all is happening as someone who is only partially involved.  Since many of these items are long-standing things and I'm coming right in the middle (not really, but certainly not at the beginning), I have a hard time keeping everything straight or understanding why everything is relevant.  The other issue is simply how my brain works: everything is very question/answer oriented.  This meeting was more of a collaboration of the Actuarial and Underwriting departments keeping each other up to date on relevant topics.  So it was a little hard for me to really latch on to things when there was no overarching question to be answered.  But that's ok.  I did my best to follow along by taking notes.  I remember things best if I write them down, even if I never actually look at my notes again.  Anyhow, the meetings was informative.  After it was over I worked with Lee on some follow-up things that were brought up during the meeting.


Today we celebrated Phil's 35th anniversary with the company by going out to lunch.  He picked a Mexican restaurant.  It was quite tasty!  And I was very full afterwards.  So.... it was a two-coffee day for me.  After lunch I worked with Lee for a while and some things.  Near the end he had me do a little work off at my cubicle.  After I was done I reported back... then 10 seconds later I realized I'd done about half of it incorrectly.  So I excused myself and fixed it.  I got out a little bit late, but I had no obligations tonight, so it wasn't a big deal.


When I got back I started watering and got some dinner.  That was about the next hour.  Eat for 15 minutes, change orientation of the sprinkler, eat...repeat.  Then I did some dishes.  And browsing of the Internet.  


That was about the extent of my evening.  I tried my computer again briefly but have decided to just wait until Saturday when Jared brings me a spare harddrive he has.


Ok, that's it for now.  Have a good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment