6.24.2012

Day 397

So yesterday was my birthday.  And it was buckets of fun!


The day started off with going to the store, then getting my hair cut.  That went well.  I think the barber's clippers needed to get sharpened, but that's ok.  The hairs on my head still got cut.  I really prefer short hair to long hair on me.  The only thing I'm not sure that I like is that barbers tend to cut my hair in such a way that my widow's peak is pretty pronounced.  I just don't really know how I feel about it.


After my hair cut I came home I  showered and watered the plants.  It was starting to get warm, so I wanted to make sure that I got things watered before I left for the day.


The festivities started at Chipotle with Becky and Miles for lunch.  It was quite tasty.  After lunch Miles and I went to his parent's house to acquire his suit for dinner.  When we got back to Becky's house Jared was there!  Yay Jared! (Dad: this is "Jared, I've met")  So we all caught up on life and all of the nonsense.  Becky had to go make a run to somewhere, so Jared and Miles and I went to go get snacks.


Upon returning listened to tunes and talked more about life and things.  I like talking with them.  We covered the basic catching up on life, job stories, and such nonsense.  We'd all decided to dress up for dinner, but Becky didn't have anything that matched... so we went dress shopping!  It was fun.  We went to a store in the mall... I don't remember what it was called.  The store wasn't very busy, so Becky had a nice little audience of Miles, Jared, and me, as well as two store employees to help decide which dress to get.  When we got back we sat around for a bit waiting for Kelly to come over for dinner.  So we all suited up and went to dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  It was so good. Kelly and Jared had never had 5 guys before, so this was a good first experience.  After dinner we went back to the store where Becky got her dress and showed them how pretty we all look when we dress up.  They highly approved... and loved that we'd gone to dinner at 5 guys.  Oh!  And Becky commissioned a friend to make TF2-themed cake-on-a-sticks for me!  It was so much fantastic :D


When we returned to Becky's house we sat around and talked some more.  I love that we all just talk so much.  Like, I really really like it.  We don't usually need a movie or anything.  Most of the time we're able to to strike up a fantastic conversation or series of conversations and just keep it going forever.  We've all officially decided that someday we need to all live in the same city.  Preferably really close to each other.  Like...neighbors would be awesome.


Anyhow, we stayed there for quite a while and it was so much fun.  My friends and family are awesome. Whether it's the friends I hung out with yesterday or the ones that told me happy birthday on Facebook or really any people who've been in my life... you're all great.  Let's be together always, ok?


Ok, time to get on with the rest of my day.  Talk with you all tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment