6.27.2012

Day 401

We made it through the day!  Woo hoo!


I just had a brief flash of "Oh!  Tomorrow is Friday!"  Spoiler alert: tomorrow is Thursday.  I'm just being silly.


I worked with Lee today.  We finally finished up the work we'd been doing for Michigan and will hopefully be able to get it finalized tomorrow.  It's been a pretty big ordeal and has involved many different people, so it will be nice to get everything finalized.


Also, I realized that so far this summer I have put about 5000 miles on Pegasus in roughly 8 weeks.  It's been quite the adventure.  He's going to be pretty happy when I only have to drive to class and back... but he's been a trooper.  Thankfully.


After I got home... let's see.  I changed, then went over to the George's house to help them do some packing.  So I was over there for a few hours.  As usual, I had amazing timing and got there just in time for dinner.  I tried to sneak out, but for some reason they all thought I had to work for my food?  Silliness, says I.  But I did actually help!  I helped move the washer, dryer, couches, and such fun things.  I'm going to go back tomorrow to help them finish moving things, since they leave on Friday morning.


I made some new friends there, most of whose names I do not remember.  I did meet a lady who grew up in Mount Vernon, so we talked about how...unique... it is.  She said she used to live on Vine Street so I told her that I used to go to the Vine Street barber.  It seemed appropriate.


I had a thought on my way home.  Why do so many people dislike math?  I am quite aware that many people do.  And perhaps I'm biased because I was a math major, but it seems like math gets a lot of hate.  Most of the time I hear the fault put on some high school or middle school teacher (which isn't necessarily a false accusation).  But I've never once heard someone say to me "I hated history.  See, there was this teacher in high school..."  When you get into college, the hate usually gets put onto a specific course, such as "I couldn't stand my Sociology class!"  But there is still little hatred for the field of study.  Math seems to be one that many people genuinely dislike.  It makes me sad because it's so lovely and fun and I really feel like more people would like it if they had someone explain it to them!


Anyhow.  I'm tired and it's way past my bed time.  So I'm going to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment