6.06.2012

Day 380

This is going to be short and sweet (more so than yesterday).


Today was a two coffee day.  I just had the hardest time trying to get going today.  I was able to make it til mid afternoon before my second one, but I was struggling after lunch.


The highlight of work was definitely meeting with Jeff, Phil, and Lee to discuss what we thought the upcoming [insurance words] averages would be like.  And I actually convinced Jeff to change his mind on one of them!  It kinda made my day.  Not because his reasoning was bad or anything, I had just noticed some data points that were really throwing the averages off... so I ignored them (because they don't reflect what would generally happen) and got a lower number.  After I explained what I did he thought that was a pretty good idea.  I felt special :)


After work I went to Fort Jennings to watch dad's team play.  I'd never spent much time there, and today I realized why.  There's not much there.  At all.  All of Main Street was closed for repaving today... and it made no significant difference on how the town's traffic flowed.  For there was no traffic to flow.  They have two restaurants (both local) and no gas station.  I was going to look for a gas station to get some food, but when I got to what I'd found on my GPS... I realized that the closest thing they had to a gas station was a propane station.  Who does that?


Anyhow, before the game started Tim called me to catch up.  So we talked for a while.  We talked about our internships and the sort of things we had been doing (as much as we could tell).  He's working for the Indiana Department of Insurance, so it's interesting to hear both sides of the story of the connection between a company and the DoI.  When I got off the phone I talked with mom about some wedding questions she had.  Then I went home because it was 7 and I hadn't eaten dinner yet.  And it was another hour home...


I realized that I'm starting to get sort of stressed.  I don't like that.  It's especially annoying because I'm not really stressed over anything in particular... I think just not having the sort of down time that I'm used to and my daily routine is drastically different from what it was at school.  I know I need to get used to it, but it just takes time to transition.


Yeah.  I'm really exhausted from my day, so I'm going to bed.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment