6.30.2012

Day 403

Oh boy.  What a day!  When I woke up my nose was feeling pretty wonderful.  I think I have some sort of cold or such nonsense.  It's pretty great.

Anyhow, work wasn't too bad, aside from blowing my nose or sneezing every 15 minutes.  I worked with Vivian on some end of month stuff. We got most of it done, so it was good.

After lunch.... Things got interesting. Around 3 I went on break.  It was pretty dark outside.  One of the other guys who goes on break with me went out to his car to roll up his windows in case it started to rain. That seemed like a good idea, so I went back to my desk to get my keys.  When I got back it had started raining something fierce.  But I figured that I would dry off faster than the inside of my car, so I ran out to my cat to make sure my windows were up.  Of course they were... But peace of mind is nice.  I got really soaked.  When I got back I saw that everyone was converging in the basement, so I joined them.   I learned that the sirens had gone off, as I had not hear them.  So I stood there with a couple guys I've met at work.  We were done there for about an hour before we could go back to our desks. 

After I got back to my desk we had about 20 minutes left in the work day.  So I finished as much work as I could and headed for home.   Originally I was going to meet dad in Beaverdam so he could give me clothes and things, then I was going to go straight to help uncle Mike move into his new place.  But with the lovely weather we decided not to do that.  I took some pictures of the storm damage, but it's hard to do all of that on my phone. I'll get them when I can.

So I made it to Beaverdam and stopped at Subway for dinner.  There were a couple Amish families speaking in their Pennsylvania Dutch nonsense.  It was silly.  I'd been texting Becky about the whole weather situation, and she said it had cleared up so I decided to head on home.  As I was driving on I75 I saw some stopped traffic.  To be specific, 7 miles of dead stopped traffic.   Then another 4 miles of crawling traffic.  Thankfully that was all going the opposite direction.   But there were two overturned semi-trucks and another car crash.  It was bad.

But eventually I made it home.  I talked with dad for a bit.  The power was out when I got home.  So I went to hang out with Becky and Miles, since she had power at her house. So I was there for a while and it was fun.  Then I came home and the power was still out.  And it was hot.  But I survived!

And I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment