7.01.2012

Day 405

Today was pretty decent.  I woke up around 7:30 for breakfast and some coffee.  The coffee was really good.  And we had bagels for breakfast!  Woo!  After we ate we spent a while trying to get the last piece of furniture upstairs.  It was this big entertainment center that was probably made out of solid cherry.  It was really heavy.  After a lot of maneuvering and fidgeting we got it upstairs.  But not without a little pixie dust.


After we got it upstairs I took a shower.  It felt amazing after all the sweating and gross that I felt.  When my shower was done I talked with mom for a little bit, then headed home.  I was pretty curious to see if we actually had power.


And we did!  All of the power!  I was pretty excited.  Originally I was going to clean the yard up... but it was so hot and after moving so much in the past few days I really just wanted to stay inside.  So I did!  I cleaned a little bit, then played games with Miles.


Side note: here's a picture from the tornado.


It was a big storm.


Back to my story.  After games I did some more productive things.  Like filing all of my receipts from the past week or so.  I try to do it every Friday, but this past couple weekends have been pretty busy.  I knew I had money, but I hadn't done any budgeting.  Which is bad.  But everything worked out!


Ho hom.  After a little more being productive-ness I went over to Becky's.  And Marci was there!  Becky and Marci were talking sewing things, so Miles and I went to the other room and watched silly videos on the internet.  After a little decision making we went to Taco Bell for dinner.  For it is cheap.  When we got back Kelly was there!  There was a storm that made the power blink.  I'm afraid for my power supply on my computer.  I might have to get a new one soon... bleh.  I do not want to get a new one, but all of the power blinks have been really bad for it.


Anyhow, we all sat and talked about things during the storm.  Pretty silly at first, but as the night went on we got into more serious and deep debates.  Which is mainly Miles and Marci and me, with Becky and Kelly chiming in when they desired.  Some of them are things and beliefs that I've put on the back-burner for a while because I've just had so many other things on my mind.  They're questions that needed answering, but I hadn't quite gotten through every big question during my time at Mount Vernon.  So some things I had decided "I'm going to need to wait to make a final answer on that one."  And as I brought up tonight (and everyone agreed), it's foolish to every think we know everything or what every answer to every question is.  We can't.  And I think we all have core values that, even when logic break downs... we just have some convictions that are more rooted than logic.  But I don't think it's a bad thing. Sure, it's not the logical or philosophical thing to do.  But humans are not logical beings.  Even the logical ones.  We all fall short of perfect logic.  And that's part of what makes us human.


Ok, enough of my nonsense.  Time for bed.  Night friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment