7.01.2011

Day 40

Today was a rough day.  I felt kinda blah all day.  But I made it, I believe.


After breakfast I went to take pictures of people and such.  When I was done I got the brilliant idea of creating an OSAS imgur account to share some of the best pictures I took during the week.  So I spent most of the morning working on that, weeding through pictures, uploading, sorting, and such.  It was quite frustrating to do on my netbook, but I managed.  Sadly I was only able to upload up to 255 pictures with the free imgur account, but I did what I could.  Here is the link for those interested: linky.


After lunch I went to the dance warm ups.  I convinced Andrea (one of the dance teachers) to dance with me.  It was fun, especially because she didn't remember the dance very well.  When we were done dancing I helped Andrea and Allison with a game called Shipwrecked... or some such nonsense.  It was fun.


When I was done with warming up things, I walked with one of the injured dancers back to the dorms so she could get some ice (since no one is allowed to walk anywhere by themselves).  Then we walked back to where her group was dancing and I took some pictures.  When I was done picturing, I worked some more on the photo album.  Eventually I went down to watch the end of Circle Time (when all the pipers and drummers play music out in the square).  Then I took a glorious shower.  Um... dinner time.  It was pretty good.  I'm going to miss the milk here... it's so good.  Oh my word.


After dinner Erin treated Nicole and myself to baklava down at the local ice cream place.  It was really good, but probably a little too much for my tummy to handle.  Oh well, I survived.  When we got back we went to watch (and document) the talent show!  Woo!  I got to help the with the Thistle Sister's song.  I pretended to play the guitar.  It was... something.  Yes... yes it was something.  That is for certain.  :)


After the talent show we had award and picture time.  There was a new scholarship awarded this year in honor of the late Stan Needles, who was an instrumental part in getting things done at OSAS.  It was really neat.  I kinda got choked up a bit, just remembering all the years Stan was my counselor and such.  Hats off to you, Stan.


When the awards were over, Erin, Nicole and I got some of the meat pies that were being served and sat on the back porch, partially to just chill, partially to make sure that the adolescent campers weren't... engaging in any romantic events.  We're pretty sure that everyone was being on their best behavior last night (hopefully).  Pretty soon after the fiddlers and harpers started jamming again, so we watched them for a while.  I really enjoy that.  They played a couple songs to which we danced or recognized as dance-able tunes.  It was a lot of fun.


And then it was bed time.

1 comment: