7.07.2011

Day 46

Edict (noun): any authoritative proclamation or command


I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.  I really wanted eggs but did not have the motivation to make them.  So I had cereal.


I finally started working out again.  It's been really difficult to keep a consistent schedule when I've been gone so many weeks or when I'm needed at random during the mornings.  But I'm hoping that I can keep it up again.


When I'd finished working out, I played Just Cause for a little bit.  Well, until lunch time.  Over lunch I watched an episode of Hoarders and of Ultimate Warrior on Netflix.  Hoarders is absolutely terrifying.  Really good, but also scary.  Ultimate Warrior was interesting.  The premise is basically this: what if these two warriors from different time periods could fight each other?  Who would win? It's fun watching them test the weapons out.  They supposedly put all the measurements into a computer which determines the winner...but I'm pretty sure that's bogus.  In the episode I watched (Apache versus Gladiator) the Apache won 667 of the virtual battles and the gladiator won 333.  Really?  They expect me to believe that it was a nigh perfect 2/3 and 1/3 split?  I think not.  At the end of the show they have a mock fight between the two warriors.  It was entertaining, but not even close to how those people would have fought.  At one point the gladiator has the Apache on the ground, punching him.  The gladiator throws about two punches, then gets up and starts walking away.  Again I call their logic in question.  The audience is supposed to believe that a gladiator, a person they have painted as one of the most vile, ruthless, and blood thirsty people alive, would throw two punches to an incapacitated victim and be done?  No.  No no no, that is entirely incorrect.


Anyhow.  After lunch I spent probably about 45 minutes trying to get a new background on my phone.  I can't find the actual picture that I used, but it's of Danbo. That's not the picture I used, just a random Danbo picture for those of you who were unaware of it's appearance.


When I was sufficiently happy with my background, I washed some dishes and laundry.  Dad got home from work shortly thereafter, so we went to the high school so he could show me the gym.  I'm going to be teaching his soccer team how to swing dance on Monday and we're going to meet in the gym, so he wanted to show me how it looked.  When we got back dad went to his soccer game and I waited for mom.  She and I got some dinner, I showed her this sweet app I found for our phones called "Gesture Search," and then we went to dad's game.


It was brutal.  We got there about 15 minutes into the first half and his team was already winning 3-0... and dad had already enacted the "score off of head balls only rule."  Yeah.  It was serious.


After the first game mom took me home and I went off to Becky's to play settlers with her, Miles, and James.  After I soundly beat them all in the first game, we decided to play again.  I was doing really poorly at first... but somehow I ended winning that one too.  *shrugs*


And then I came home and went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment