7.10.2011

Day 49

Saturday.  I like Saturdays.  They're good for recuperating and starting things fresh.


Today began with two bowls of cereal (raisin bran) and some aimless meandering around the house.  This continued for quite some time until I took a shower.  Nick and a couple of his buddies came through Findlay on their way to a wedding in Dayton, so they stopped and I got lunch with them.  Mom and dad went to a cook out with mama and poppy at their new apartment.  So Nick and... Brandon... and I don't remember the other guy's name.  Anyways, they wanted to go some place local.  So I took them to Wilson's.


It's been a while since I was last at Wilson's.  I'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of 9 years.  So we get there and we're standing in line... but no one takes our order.  After about 5 minutes of us awkwardly standing there a lady making sandwiches says "are you boys going to order?"  Apparently we were just supposed to blurt our orders out and hope for the best.  So we placed our orders, then we gave our orders to someone else, then another person.  No one wanted our full order, just a part of it.  It was odd.  They have four sizes of drink: small, medium, large, and boss.  I really only wanted a medium... but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have something boss sized.  Stupid marketing.... But the food was amazing, clearly.  Unfortunately my stomach wasn't prepared for that amount of... awesomeness (read grease).  A short stomach ache followed shortly after.


Shortly after Nick and friends left, mom and dad came home.  Dad napped and I talked with mom for a bit.  When dad woke up he and I drove up to Toledo to look at the Kia dealership.  Tom helped us out.  He was nice.  He had a very big personality, but he was very helpful.  I ended up driving a Kia Rio back home to test it out.  Dad and I are going back up Monday morning to finish the paper work... unless we see something that suggests otherwise.  We're going to do some research on the car to see if it has any big known issues.


Mom made dinner for us when we got back.  We had grilled fish and oven fries.  They all tasted much better than when I made that yesterday.  Way better.


After dinner we played a game of Settlers of Catan.  It was fun.  I won.  :)  Mom was really close though.  I took the longest road from her on my last turn and won.


Umm... after that... I messed around on my phone.  Changed some settings, downloaded a new interface, tinkered around with that.  Then I played Minecraft with Kimmy!  And now I am here.  Going to bed.


Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment