7.27.2011

Day 66

Blargh.  Today went out decently... before the bomb dropped.


I woke up around 10 after a rough night of coughing, sore throat, and just feeling gross.  I was still tired, but I couldn't sleep anymore.  Amber texted me to see if I could make sure a video she had emailed to mom and dad worked.  I laid in bed for about fifteen minutes trying to decide whether I was awake enough to do so.  I decided that I wasn't, but I would do it anyways.  It worked.  I think I got some breakfast after I realized that I couldn't fall back asleep.


After breakfast I have no idea what I did.  But I did something for a while.  And then I showered and got Kimmy up for lunch.  Ugh, I have no idea what I did.  I took Tylenol PM last night, but I didn't sleep for a full 8 hours.  I slept for about 6.  So I was very groggy when I woke up and for most of the day.  The whole day, actually.  I was groggy and my limbs felt tingly.  That always happens when I take Tylenol PM.  So yeah.  My morning was a blur.  After lunch Kimmy and I watched a few episodes of Big Bang Theory, then played some Left 4 Dead.  When mom got home we talked with her for a bit.  She went to go work on dinner so I showed Kimmy how to work the various menus in different games and on Xbox dashboard.


I think I did something productive after that.  Maybe we helped set the table.  I'm not sure.  This is so frustrating, I feel like I wasted a day.  I hate doing that.  I started blogging to help me differentiate between days and remember that each day is a unique event, not simply a continuum of movements.  But I can't think of what I did.  It wouldn't have made a difference whether it did or did not happen because I can't remember what I did or what impact it had.  Perfect.


So we had dinner and it was good.  Mom made pork chops and heated up some left over mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans.  After dinner even more fun started: I noticed a huge amassment of yellow stuff in my left eye.  So I promptly took my contacts out and started getting it out of my eye.  I told mom and she said it was pink eye.  Which is exactly what I wanted, obviously.  So now I get to deal with coughing up yellow stuff and getting other yellow stuff out of my eye.  Terrific.  This is just splendid.


So around this point I just started feeling like garbage.  As I'm sure you've noticed.  So I just hunkered down in front of my computer for the rest of the evening, taking a break every 20 or 30 minutes to get the goop out of my eye. As a bonus feature, if I wait too long it just starts to run down my face, like tears.  But instead of tears, it's yellow nasty stuff.  Ah yes, what a fantastic day.  I really really really hope that the doctor can see me tomorrow.  Because I really don't want to have to go another day feeling like this.  I just want it to be over... I'm so sick of feeling miserable.

2 comments:

  1. You may have gotten the pink eye from one of those zombies... I hear they're carriers....

    Feel better k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And can I just say my little security word to post that last comment was "bringed" i thought it was supposed to be 'brought' or something.. is the computer trying to speak old english?

    ReplyDelete