6.30.2011

Day 39

Today was a good day.  It started off with the normal stuff: being tired, breakfast, making copies, and all of that business.  After that I put pictures on my computer, started organizing them by discipline (dance, drum, pipes, fiddle, or harp), and read a little bit of economics.  Looking back at my years of dancing, there are plenty of things I don't miss (like cramps), there are things that I had forgotten about that I really miss.  Like warm ups.  Not only are they the best warm ups, but they're fun.  Joy and Andrea have exceptional tastes in music... mainly because they have electronic-ish warm up music.  So clearly it's superb.


After dancing warm ups I went to the piping building to take some pictures.  Apparently Drew called me while I was walking (I can never feel my phone while I'm walking) to make some copies.  But I found him anyways, so no harm was done.


Eventually we got lunch.  That was probably pretty good.  I don't really remember.  After lunch I went to go watch the dancers' marching and country dancing.  I remember being a little boy and hating the country dancing.  I would hide.  It was awful.  But then when I was 14 or so I realized it really wasn't that bad.  Yes... I was a bit of a late bloomer.  Oh well.  It's interesting how I can see myself in the personalities of some of the people at camp.  There's the little drummer boy (ha) who wears glasses and is still in the "little kid" phase of maturity.  That was me. There's the probably 15 year old boy who has his main dancing partner and they have a wonderful time marching like penguins or dancing like fairies together.  That was me.  There's the group of 6 girls and two boys who are inseparable.  That was my group.  And there are the crazy instructors who haven't forgotten how to have a good time but can still be responsible.  That's going to be me.  It's been a pretty nostalgic time, but it's been good.  Really good.  I've made new friends, reacquainted with old ones, and it's just generally been awesome.


After lunch I took a nap.  I tried to read economics but just couldn't.  So nap I did.  When I woke up I went to Circle Time and documented the drummers and pipers.  And some random people along the way :)  After circle time was dinner and shower time.  Those are some of my favorite times.  And then it was Instructor Concert Time!  Woo!  It was really good.  Some of the acts were... a bit long.  But still good. During one of the piping instructor's show the ice cream truck drove past.  Probably about 12 people (including three instructors) got ice cream.  It was funny.  The dance teachers' dance was kind of a mockery of all the dancers who are injured... or faking injury.  It was really funny.


After the talent show the harpers and fiddlers had a jam session.  It was really really good.  Words cannot describe.  But it was awesome.


Alright.  That's all for now.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment