7.21.2011

Day 59

Today went well.  I had a bagel for breakfast.  The simplicity of the bagel astounds me.  So much goodness in a small circle of bread.  After my obligatory bagel I went to the basement to work out.  I did chest today.  Ugh.  Just...ugh.  I was so tired afterwards.  Chest has always been one of the hardest muscle groups for me to exercise because you have to flex in specific ways to get the proper workout.  It's not like working your biceps where you can curl whatever however it happens or legs where you can just push until you feel some resistance.  No, chest is tricky.  If you don't specifically flex your chest muscles, you end up just working your arms or shoulders.  Which isn't bad... but not the intentions.  And there are better ways to work out those muscles.  So it's taken me quite some time (and much help form various guys in the weight room at Mount Vernon) to discover exactly how to flex while working out.  And I know when it's right because it's way harder to do the exercise.  So you know... that's lots of fun.


After my shower mom and I went to do some grocery shopping.  I got some new shorts (which I realize are not groceries).  We saw some people, talked with them for a while, traded stories... it was a good time.  When we got back we put the groceries away and had lunch.  We talked for a while about why dad and I are so adamant about her going part time, the reason basically being that she has things that she wants to do but can't because she's so busy with work.  So as I told mom "dad and I are problem solvers.  And the obvious solution, regardless of any emotional attachment you have with Hobby Lobby, is to go part time so that you can do more of the things you want to do.  And the number of things you want to do isn't going to run out anytime soon... there will always be more things to do."  That was the main focus of our conversation.  It was good.


After lunch I started working on my last project for my economics class.  It was on the current economic state in the US in comparison to another country of my choice.  I chose Sweden for no particular reason.  Though the paper itself is pretty boring, I did discover the CIA's World Fact Book, which is really interesting for someone like myself who enjoys statistics.  It list most of the countries in the world and gives all of the known information about that country.  It's really cool... in my mind anyways.  I've also spent hours going through the census records just for fun.  So you know, take that as you please.


Mom made some really good fish and rice for dinner.  A lot of good.  After dinner mom went to the auction for the grandparent's house and dad went to his soccer camp things.  I worked on my paper.  Blargh.  But I finished it and parents came home from their respective things.  So we chatted, they went to bed, I played Team Fortress with Miles... and now here I am.  Going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment