7.05.2011

Day 44

As Amber suggested, I'm going to pick a word to start each blog.  I may or may not explicitly explain how that word fits in to today's post.


Today's word: surprise.


When I woke up this morning, I had no idea what was going to happen today.  Over night I had been downloading a couple of the games I'd bought during the Steam sales, so I checked those and saw that the first game had finished while the second was about 20% done.  This was about what I had expected.  So I got some breakfast and probably just milled about for a while before getting a shower or any such business.


Around 11 or so, mom went to the grandparents to get some stuff done.  Dad continued to work on the faucets and get them working (he's been installing new faucets) and I did some cleaning.  I was about halfway through cleaning my bathroom when surprise number 1 happened: company!  Now... I'm not big on surprises.  By this point I had already set in my mind how I'd expected the day to go.  Every day is like this for me: I have a fairly rigorous schedule of what is going to happen, from the times I eat to the amount of time I allot to various activities.  And when things go differently... I can get a little irritable.  So company arrives and I was all sorts of flustered.  People were coming for lunch, dad was still under the sink and I still hadn't cleaned my toilet.  But mom and mama were prepared and a wonderful lunch was had.  Even if none of us had any idea of what was going on.


Mom, dad and I left early to go to the Verizon store.  Behold surprise number two: new phones!  We talked with Alyssa (the lady working at Verizon) for quite some time, discussing data plans, phones, and such things.  I'm not sure dad knew exactly what he wanted to know and Alyssa was pretty uncertain of how to help him (though she was a trooper and did her best).  So I acted as the intermediary to explain things to mom and dad in a way that made more sense to them.  She was saying things in a very technical way which is not bad, but is confusing and overwhelming if people are not familiar with the language.  So after about an hour of talking things over, her calling Verizon Corporate and so on, mom and I got new phones.  Woo!


Then we went over to the grandparents' apartment and helped them unpack some.  We did that for a while, then uncle Dave and aunt Kathy treated us all to Olive Garden.  It was tasty.


When we got home, dad and I finished our respective projects while mom made dad's lunch for tomorrow.  Then she and I looked at our new phones together while we figured out how they work and what we can do with them.  We're learning, so if you have suggestions/tips/favorite apps for Android phones, mention it in the comments.  It'll be an adventure, for certain!  :)


Let's see.  Mom and dad went to bed, so I got on Minecraft for a little bit and she showed me her awesome new house!  It's really cool.  She made it entirely out of ice!  Then.... Miles and I were gonna play TF2, but he was silly and went to go hang out with Becky instead.  Silly them.  So I played my new game and... now here I am.  Going to bed.


Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment