7.04.2011

Day 43

I haven't determined a good way of starting these posts.  They seem to always start the same: "today was good," or some derivative thereof.  Alas.


Beth and I went to church.  We sat with Alli, Mr. and Mrs. Church.  That was a good time.  I like the Church family.


For lunch aunt Kathy, uncle Dave, mama and poppy came over and brought Lee's chicken. It was tasty.  We socialized with them for a while, then they went back to their house.  Mom went with them, I did homework, and dad worked on the faucets.  Clearly dad and I were having a marvelous time.


Some of these people in my economics class are just neat.  One of my assignments for last week was to read an article written by Bill Clinton about his suggestions for improving the job market.  It was a decent article and some of the ideas I have considered previously.  Some of the people who replied were just... ignorant.  About half the class will agree with whatever any article says because it's the easiest thing to do.  Another third is so party loyal that it's nauseating.  The remaining sixth of the class tries to make good discussion.  So we have to reply to at least one person's comment on the article and I try to pick someone who has not received any comments.  This person seems to think that corporations intentionally are destroying small businesses.  So I had to explain that big corporations don't sit around thinking about how to destroy mom and pop shops, that it's simply a by-product of corporations trying to make the most money for their employees and stockholders.  Small businesses need to change their business model to provide a unique service, not the same one as other people.  Like any business, you can't flourish if you do the exact same thing as someone else, but worse.  It just isn't going to work. Oh well...


After school we had ravioli for dinner.  It was tasty.  When we'd cleaned up mom and I went to the grandparents' to help put stuff away and things.  And eat ice cream.  I tried to fix the TV and computer.  I succeeded on fixing the computer.  Not so much the TV.  Computers just seem so much easier to use...


Then we came home and I played TF2 with Jared and Miles for a while.  Then bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment