7.20.2011

Day 59

I'm trying something new today.  I think I'm going to try to get to bed before midnight.  This should be interesting, as I haven't done this for quite some time.  The past couple nights especially have been late for me, so this is much needed.  Overall, today was amazing.


It started off with a quick bagel for breakfast and then into my workout.  Biceps and legs today.  I wish I could get some more variety in my workouts because I tend to only have about four different exercises for each muscle group.  Partially from lack of familiarity with exercises I can do with only free weights, partially out of laziness in not seeking more exercises.  Right now I'm just content that I'm actually still lifting weights.  I'm down from doing 3 exercises per muscle group to 2.  I've just found it really really difficult to motivate myself to do those extra sets.  So I figured that instead of discouraging myself out of lifting weights, I could just reduce a little bit.  It's been working, but I know I should be doing more.  It's just hard to stay motivated.  I hate exercising, but I know it's good for me.  I didn't mind going to the weight room in Mount Vernon after I got used to it (and stopped getting deathly sore from ill use of muscles).  I always went down at the same times and I got to know (or already knew) the guys who were down there.  It was a great experience.  If someone needed help or a spotter, they didn't just have to ask the person who went with them.  They could ask anyone down there and we were all willing to help out.  I asked guys I hardly knew for advice on how to get a better work out and they were more than happy to help.  One time I borrowed some gloves from a guy I literally hadn't talked to since the class we had together first semester of my freshman year.  But that didn't matter.  What mattered was that he wanted to help me out.  And that was the attitude of the weight room.  Sure it was cramped, but we were our own sub-culture of Mount Vernon.  And it was wonderful.  I miss that.  Working out at home just isn't the same....


Anyways.  After working out I wrangled me some shutters.  The ones that I painted were replacements for the shutters by our lower level windows.  Unfortunately, the replacements were smaller than the originals but I wanted to use the same holes in the siding that had been  used for the original shutters.  So here is the situation: holes drilled into shutters for LARGE shutters, but I need to line those holes up on the SMALL shutters.  This was quite the task.  It took me about 30 minutes to figure out what I was doing and drill the first set of holes through the new shutters.  It was really tight.  The holes were about 1/4 of an inch from the edge of the new shutters.  So not a whole lot of wiggle room.  But by some miracle and a bit of pixie dust I was able to get the shutters up on the first try.  I had to do some jank maneuvering with the screws, but I got it.  Win!


When I'd finished working the shutters I decided that I was hot, sweaty, and disgusting enough to warrant taking a shower.  So I did.  After which I had lunch.  I really wanted a salad...so I had one.  I used some of the lettuce from the garden, green onion, tomato, and pork bit.  The only pork we had left was in the spaghetti sauce from last night.  Not one to mind mixing unusual tastes, I just tried to shake off as much sauce as I could and plopped the pork chunks into my salad.  It went well with the blue cheese dressing....


After lunch I had intended to get some homework done.  That didn't happen.


Around 2:45 I left to begin Board Game Day with James and Miles.  It was awesome.  We started at James' house with a game called Dominion.  It's a card based game that involves... money cards that let you buy action cards that let you do things... to eventually let get enough money to buy victory point cards.  And whoever has the most victory point cards at the end of the game wins!  It was fun and everything.  So we played that... then we played a few games of Carcassone... which is kind of like dominoes mixed with SimCity. It's a lot of fun.  We then transitioned into a game of Settlers, using James' collector's edition.  It looks like this.  So that was fun.  During our game, Becky texted us and told us that we should come join to her house and play games with her.  So we did.  Except she wasn't there.  And she wasn't there.  Miles had a key so we went inside... but she was no where to be found.  We called her but she didn't pick up.  So after about 20 minutes we went to get dinner and came back.  Still no Becky.  We decided to start playing another game of Dominion and hope she eventually came.  She did.  Apparently she had been at work and neglected to tell us (or we neglected to read her text carefully enough) that she was at work... and we were supposed to come over when she was done.  Oh well!


And then.. I came home... browsed Reddit, talked with people on Facebook... and now I'm going to bed!  Only one hour after I had planned.  Shoot.

1 comment: