7.03.2011

Day 42

Oh goodness, this was quite an eventful day!  The seniors on dad's soccer team came over for a leadership meeting-thing at 9, so I got to meet them all after I'd been awake for about 3 minutes.  That was exciting.  I was just a tad groggy.  After a quick breakfast, Beth and I went to the grandparents to help move more stuff!  Woo!


We were over at the grands for maybe an hour and a half packing.  I talked with Uncle Dave about his new job interview.  It sounds like a pretty good deal, he'd be working for Corning Glass making 25% more with benefits and money for living expenses.  The only downside is that it's 2 hours away from Rochester, so he'd get an apartment down there to stay 4 days out of the week.  But as we discussed it's not so far that if he needed to get home during the week he would be unable to do so.  Hopefully he's able to get the job.


When we'd gotten the cars all packed up we headed over to Shady grove for lunch.  This seems to be becoming a common occurrence.  The food is good, though, so I'm ok with this.  We arrived at the grandparents' apartment and unloaded their stuff.  Beth broke in the new apartment by spilling her strawberry smoothie on the carpet.  Good job.  We were able to get it cleaned up pretty well though.


After we were done unloading, I went home by way of Wal-Mart to get a wedding present for Hillary's wedding.  I had no idea what to get, so I made an "emergency party box."  I put in two bottles of sparkling grape juice, a box of funfetti cake mix, a can of icing, an air horn and some party poppers.  It was either that or tupperware...


The wedding started at 4:30 so I showered, got the present put together, and headed out.  I forgot to take pictures of the box though... shoot.  Anyhow, the wedding was at one of the buildings on the University of Findlay campus.  I got there and had absolutely no idea where to go.  Thankfully there were some people dressed up all fancy that seemed like they knew what was going on.... they did.  I got to the chapel and Cody came up and greeted me, so I sat with them.  I was glad that Cody and Carlee Fletcher where there because I didn't know too many people.


It was really hot in the chapel.  Oh goodness, we were dying.  The programs were made into fans (excellent idea), but we were all still sweating like.... something.  Something that sweats a lot.  Anyhow, we made it.  While we were sitting in the chapel I saw Mike Crofts and Amanda Lee, neither of whom I would have expected to see (and had not seen since high school).  Following the ceremony they had a receiving line.  The first thing Hillary said to me when she saw me wasn't "Hey, glad you could make it!" or "Good to see you!"  No... no... it was "So, they're making a World War Z movie starring Brad Pit.  How do you feel about this?"  Ah, such is our friendship.  :)


They used sparklers instead of bubbles or rice for the...umm... victory tunnel?  It always reminded me of when I played soccer as a kid and the parents made a tunnel for us.


The reception started pretty slowly.  We were there for about two hours before the dinner started... we were hungry.  I sat with Mike, Cody, Carlee and the George family.  I hadn't really seen them in... a little before forever ago, so it was nice to get reacquainted with them.  Once the food actually started it was amazing.  Pulled pork, pulled chicken, wings, potato salad, other salad, some weird mix of vegetables in a really tasty sauce.  It was amazing.


Mike left shortly after dinner because he had a bit of driving to do.  But after the father-daughter and mother-son dances, they opened the dance floor.  And dance we did.  Most of it was pretty upbeat, aside from the obligatory slow songs.  I was pretty impressed... Mr. and Mrs. George were really dancing it up.  Anyhow, we danced for about two hours, and then it was home time!  And after shedding my nasty sweaty clothes I went to bed.

1 comment: