7.16.2011

Day 55

Today.  Hmm... today.  It was something.


I got up and a bagel for breakfast.  Sometimes I forget how much I love bagels.  They're so good.  First off... bread is awesome.  Second, bagels are amazing.  They taste great, when they're toasted the warm and crunchy essence engulfs your taste buds.  Then just when you think it can't get better: a dribble of butter just happily free falling against the grooves in your tongue.  Such perfection.


So I decided to ruin my moment of perfection with my bagel by working out.  Today was chest.  I don't really know what I'm doing all the time... I just try to figure out what muscles need worked, then grab some weights and flail my arms about until it works the right group.  It's decently effective.


After working out I was going to put the recently painted shutters up.  That went well until I realized that it didn't come with normal screws.  It has... these plastic rods that look like they're supposed to be screws, but instead of spiraling down the rod there are just protruding rings that don't spiral into a screw.  Which to me and my limited knowledge as a handyman seemed entirely useless.  So I left it for today.  I was defeated in this battle, but I shall face the shutters again... and I shall avail!  I chose to fight another battle before lunch and start replacing the screens in the windows.  I got one done.  It took longer than I thought.  But I got it.


Lunch was a sandwich with way too much honey mustard.  But it was still decent.  I watched some more Super humans.  Yup.


After lunch I spent some time finding sounds for alerts on my phone.  I'm not really sure why.... I  usually have my phone on silent.  But I did.  So that was exciting.  I went to get dad for envelopes for his soccer team's pictures.  My afternoon was quite exciting.


I made a skillet casserole thing for dinner tonight.  It was really good.  It had pork, vegetables, noodles, and chicken bouillon. Some other stuff.  It turned out really well.... I'll have to do that again.


After dinner I tried to help mom fix her phone and kinda failed pretty miserably.  It just... wasn't doing what I wanted it to do.  Blargh.  When I'd finished doing phone things... we all sat in the living room on our respective electronic devices  and did stuff.  Actually I think we were all playing Words with Friends.  But it was fun.  Eventually I went up to my room and played Team Fortress and such.  And now I'm getting ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment