7.14.2011

Day 53

Today was a bit of a busy day.  Breakfast was rough... we were pretty low on food.  I think I had a couple pieces of toast with peanut butter.  Just a little bit to get me going before my work out.  Today was biceps and legs.  I was going to do my triceps but my shoulder is still bothering me and a lot of my tricep workouts bother my shoulders... so I'm just going to let it rest for a while longer.


After my workout I started painting shutters.  Oh joy... how I love painting.  There are some things that I dislike more... such as the time that I was sledding and slammed face first into a tree.  Or steamed cauliflower.  Or getting abducted and shipped to Shanghai.  All of these things are worse than painting.  But only by a little bit.  Anyhow, that was awesome.  I discovered that I was able to watch a movie via Netflix while I painted, so that made things better.


After painting I took a shower and got lunch.  Showers feel so good after working out and painting.  I feel so gross and then I shower... it feels like God himself is placing each drop of water on me from his golden bucket.  So much goodness.  I had some potato soup from last night for lunch.  Cold, of course.  I watched another episode of Superhumans.  Today I saw a guy with a head twice as thick as most peoples, a beatboxer who can imitate 5 instruments at the same time, a dude who claims he can predict the future, and a runner who has an incredibly low build up speed of lactic acid, so he can run forever.  Well, at least 80 hours (that's his record).  So that was entertaining and such.  When I'd finished eating I read some economics for a while, then answered the questions and all that lovely garbage.


I had an eye appointment today.  I think he was a little frustrated that I couldn't remember what brand my contacts are.  Over Christmas I went to Sears to get more contacts because I couldn't get in to see my regular optometrist before the insurance ran out.  But they gave me a different brand so he didn't know whether anything had changed or such.  It was all very exciting.  But I should be getting more contacts soon.  Which is good, because I'm on my last pair.  Some day I really want to look into getting laser eye surgery....


Um.. I finished my errands, then came home and kind of made dinner.  We really didn't have much food, so I made a box of rice that I found.  Dad had a soccer game tonight so he didn't eat with me, but I had rice and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  It was a wonderful combo.  When mom came home we went to the soccer game.  The JV lost (I think) but they played really well.  Then the varsity won, but did not play so well.  It was exciting and everything.  While we were at the game I showed mom a new app that I found yesterday, entitled "Draw!"  It lets you draw (if that wasn't apparent).  It's pretty sweet.


When we got home I did something.  I don't really remember what.  But after I was done I played some Assassin's Creed.  I've really been enjoying that game.  It's set in late fifteenth century Italy and you explore some the main cities.  It's interesting to see how much effort they put into recreating some of the famous landmarks and comparing it with what I remember from when I've been there.  I'm certain that they took plenty of creative liberties with the non-monuments, but they also took a lot of time to make sure that the famous landmarks were pretty accurate.  They also mention some of the Italian history from that time in the dialogue, like the Medici family and all that jazz.  It's interesting. And fun.


And now it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment