7.31.2012

Day 434

I briefly considered blogging last night, but I was far too tired.  I'm coming to realize that every day this week is going to be long.  Woo.


After I got up I cut the grass.  I was only able to cut half of it because I had a dentist appointment.  So I'm going to finish the grass in a little bit here.


I already spoiled the surprise, but I had a dentist appointment.  It was fine.  As usual, they got all grumpy that I don't floss enough.  Flossing is silly and far too easy to forget.


After the dentist I came home, had lunch with Kimmy, then left for Muncie.  We took a load of Kimmy's things and some wedding presents that we've received.  Since I had to be out of Windermere by today, Jessie and Richard were generous and allowed us to use their spare bedroom to store our nonsense until we can move into our house.  After we unloaded the van and went to Windermere to pack up everything that I had over there.  I generally don't use the word stuff because it makes me feel so overly wasteful and unappreciative.  But whilst moving the word stuff is simply too appropriate.  And there was lots of it.  To be fair, there were a few larger things (like chairs for our dining room table) that just take up a lot of room.  And I have many kitchen-ware items that will most likely be replaced with wedding gifts.  But since I don't know what all I need, I felt that it would be wise to keep them for the time being and give them to Goodwill when they get replaced.  Yarg.  And we had to clean my apartment.  I thought it would take about an hour.  2 hours later we were mostly done.  Then we went to Jessie's for dinner, unpacked the van, and went back to Windermere for the last load.  It would have been wonderful if we could have moved into our new house yesterday, but as timing, as I've learned, is rarely perfect.  So we make do with what we have.  We got everything cleaned out and moved to Jessie and Richards by 9, then Kimmy and I left for Findlay.


I talked with cousin Nick on the phone for a few minutes to get some plans down for when we're out in his area of the country.  We're going to be staying with him Saturday night on our way to New York and then Wednesday night on our way back.  I'm excited.  It's going to be fun.  Like... ALL of the fun.


Anyhow, we made it back to Findlay around midnight and then went to bed, for I was tired.  The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment